Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Works for Me Wednesday: Rags in the Hair

My daughter has hair that won't curl. When she puts her hair back in a ponytail it is the thickest ponytail you have ever seen. Her hair is thick. Her hair is heavy. Her hair is plentiful.

But she loves looking pretty, and she loves all the Jane Austen movies where all the women have beautiful curls. She wants beautiful curls, but her hair was not meant to curl. It was meant to be straight.

Last night my older daughter volunteered to put her hair in rags so she could be pretty for the piano festival today.




Here she is last night getting the rags in.

And here she is this morning after Becca took them out:

She's curly! She is so happy. She's really my girly-girl.

Rags are easy. You just wrap the hair in a strip of cloth and tie it, and leave it overnight. It works best if the hair is wet, but little girls love curls, and it makes them feel like Laura from Little House on the Prairie when you use this low-tech method. And it does last longer than curling irons!

By the way, she won with her duet last night! So that's a good start for the piano competition week.


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:35 AM , Blogger Christa said…

I'm so going to do this when my girls are older. I'll have to be very patient though... they're only one month and 14 months right now. :) Thanks for the great idea though.

 

At 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

My mom used to curl my hair this way. Congratulations to your daughter on her recital!

 

At 2:16 PM , Blogger Precision Quality Laser said…

Could you elaborate on the process of putting the rags in your hair for those of us so are *ahem* hair challenged? LOL..meaning ME! I have stick straight hair and don't have the money to spend on expensive rollers, so this would be a fabulous way to get the curls I long for..

Thanks for the idea!

 

At 2:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I'd also love some detailed instructions and maybe some pictures that are a little closer, so you can see exactly how it is done. How do you tie them off? Thanks for the post - she looks beautiful!
Homemaker Barbi

 

At 2:48 PM , Blogger Laura said…

Oh yes please give us a photo tutorial!!

Congrats to your daughter :)

 

At 7:13 PM , Blogger NerdMom said…

That was totally me as a kid. Wait, my hair is still like that but I don't try as often;). But I had forgotten how well that 1 method had worked.

 

At 5:20 PM , Blogger Lori said…

I am so going to have to try this on my dd. She too has a ton of hair and would love some curls....

Thanks for the tutorial!
Lori

 

At 5:18 PM , Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said…

I wonder if my 4 year old would sit still for this? Hmmm.....

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails