Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
When Kids Won't Go Outside...
Make them!

Yesterday we finally had a gorgeous day up here in southern Ontario! Almost all the snow is gone, though there's still quite a bit in some people's front yards.

But my kids were at sleepovers this weekend and were really tired yesterday afternoon. So one was on the computer and one was playing a game boy.

I wasn't having any of it. So I called two of their friends and got them over to our house.

"You guys help Becca and Katie clean out our van, and then they'll go to your house and vacuum your van!".

They actually didn't seem to mind. Having friends help made it fun, and once they got outside in the amazing sunshine they perked right up.


And boy did they do a great job! My van looks like new. (And yes, that is Rebecca using an actual RAKE to get the first level of junk out of their friends' van).

It does mean, however, that if we're stranded somewhere and no one can rescue us for a week we will no longer be able to survive by eating what is in the cracks of the seats. That has all now been cleaned out.

Everything is vacuumed. All the Sunday School papers that littered the floor are gone. All the Easter wrappers are gone. All the straws are gone. Life is good.


And the other family is happy too! So next time they won't go outside, I'll tell them they better get out there or I'll make them do the garage. I wonder what they'll pick?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails