Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
How Do People Get Here?
And no, I am not asking that classic birds and the bees question, though I have a great column on that I may print sometime.

I mean how do they end up on my blog?

After reading FiddleDee's posts on the subject, I thought I'd do a few analytics on this, too, and I've found some interesting things.

First, some of you are here because you searched. And some of those searches are logical, like:

To Love honor and vacuum
Sheila Christian speaker belleville
to love honor and vacuum blog


But then there's some ones that really look like they belong on an adult site. I mean:

Playing with vacuum (I won't print the rest of the search words). I mean, EEWWWW.
McCain Romney love (what do you suppose that means?)

Then there was this doozy:

Can you get lice out with a vacuum?

I would venture to say no. It's really better to comb through the child's head, especially if they have long hair. But this reminded me of another column I wrote once, which I may just print one day here, too, about the lovely time we had last Christmas when Katie got lice. Eeewww again.

Then there were the obscure ones, like:

Heather Mills
Wella 5VR

Interesting stuff, anyway. I've messed up my blogtopsites number on the side panel for the rest of this week, I'm afraid, because I changed my entry in their system without realizing it would wreck the count, but some of you came from there. And a lot from referring sites.

Interesting, anyway. But if any of you are here wondering about perverted things to do with a vacuum, I'd suggest you get a life. And read more of what I wrote. Maybe you need a little bit of a reality check, and some grounding in what a fulfilling life actually looks like!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 2:34 PM , Blogger Zaankali said…

SO then my question to you is (oh wait I didn't answer yours, I believe I found you through the recommendations from my Google Reader site) how did you find out that info of how people found you? How do you know what they were searching for (as weird as it was)? I didn't know you could do that.
Smiles!

 

At 2:39 PM , Blogger Sheila said…

Hi Jennifer!

I use Google Analytics. You can just sign up for a free account at googleanalytics.com, and then it will tell you where all your traffic came from.

I think there's other sites that do it, too, but that's the one that I like!

Thanks for asking!

 

At 7:56 PM , Blogger Wifeof1Momof4 said…

Shelia, I found you because you commented on someone else's blog, I think Big or BooMama and I found your comments very interesting and clicked over and have been reading ever' since.

I agree with a lot of what you have said .. AND I bonded with your story of your son. I gave birth to a daughter 5 years ago who now sits with Jesus.

 

At 11:07 PM , Blogger Sherry said…

I think I found you via Works For Me Wednesday. Olive Oil works on lice.

 

At 7:25 AM , Blogger Mom2fur said…

I came here via Works for Me Wednesday, too, and stayed to look around!

 

At 12:06 AM , Blogger Angie @ Many Little Blessings said…

I came to your blog the first time after you commented on one of my blog posts.

 

At 7:28 AM , Blogger mummyjaan said…

I'm commenting because I think I'll be visiting your blog again. I came through blogflux. The blog title (to love, honour and vacuum) certainly caught my attention.

 

At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

i found you in strange way , LOL . my 16 yr old told me im a "perfect mom" (my heart darn near stopped beating !!) , and after laughing my head off - i googled "how to be a perfect wife & mother" (to see if i was or not , LOL) - & your blog popped up . i clicked the link and have been in blog-bliss ever since ! i LOVE this place !

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails