Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
The Final Word on Women's Retreats

Wow! Lots of feedback from my women's retreat post. So let me offer a few more thoughts.

First, I was totally blessed this weekend by the women from Bramalea Baptist Church. I spoke four times over the course of the weekend, and maybe I'll elaborate a little more on some of my topic later. But for now let me just say that it was so amazing to see God talking to each woman individually. After each session, the women sat around their tables and talked through some issues and then prayed for one another, and it was so cool.

Great women, too. It was such an honour to be a part of something to incredible that God was doing.

That being said, I still need my sleep! So I loved the fact that I had my own room. I think if you don't, sleep can be enough of a distraction for some women that it does get difficult to take things in. But these really are experiences that everyone should have. So maybe women's retreat organizers should offer the option of single rooms, or double rooms. This retreat did that, but not all do. I think it can be really important, so those who are light sleepers, like me, are still able to take in the worship and what the speaker is saying.

I know that sounds selfish, but maybe I'm just getting old. Anyway, great comments below, and I hope all of us get to experience this type of communion at some point--and that we do it without being bleary-eyed from lack of sleep!

Labels:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails