Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Menu Planning Monday!
It's Monday again, so it's time to plan out what we're going to eat for the week.

First, a few words about last week. I am so proud of myself because we actually ate through our vegetables! I hate it when you buy veggies having all these good intentions about salads, etc., and then three weeks later they're brown and slimy in your veggie drawer and you're afraid to open it.

We've actually been eating our produce, which is wonderful! I want to get the girls eating a lot more fresh foods, so hopefully we'll be just as successful this week.

Anyway, here goes.

Monday: Weight Watchers Breaded Whitefish. I was supposed to make this last week but it didn't work out, and I substituted a quick scallopini fast fry instead. So we'll try it this week!

Apparently this tastes just as good as a regular batter, but it doesn't have that many calories or fat. You just roll it in cornmeal and some herbs, stick the whole thing in some milk, and then roll it in the cornmeal and herbs again to make a thicker batter. Then broil like usual. Sounds yummy! I'll use whatever fish they have fresh.I'm trying to do fish once a week, and find a recipe that the girls like. I'll tell you how this turns out!

Tuesday: Jamaican Rice & Beans and salad. This is my meatless meal! I just love Jamaican Rice & Beans (techincally called Rice & Peas, but they are red kidney beans), and I thought this would do. So we'll have a big salad and some of this stuff. They really are tasty.

Wednesday: Mexican Chicken Soup. I found this on a blog recently and I forgot to write down the blog address! So sorry for not giving out credit. Anyway, here's the recipe;

1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2″ pieces
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups water
1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chile peppers, undrained ( Rotel)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
sour cream (optional)
crushed tortilla chips (optional)

Brown chicken in skillet coated with cooking spray and transfer to slow cooker. In a bowl combine soup, water, beans, undrained tomatoes, and cumin. Pour over chicken in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours. Ladle into bowls and if desired, top with sour cream and sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips.

I'm always trying to find new ways of doing chicken in the slow cooker because I find it often comes out tough for me. I hope this one doesn't!

Thursday: Shepherd's Pie. My kids' favourite. It's really easy. Brown ground beef. Add 1 tomato soup can and a pinch of Worcestershire sauce. Layer the meat on the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with frozen peas and frozen corn. Put mashed potatoes on the top, and sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika. Bake at 400 degrees for half an hour.

It doesn't sound like much but it tastes really good, and I'm finding I have to use 2 pounds of beef now for my family, which is way too much. But they love it and they just stuff it down!

Friday: Roast Beef and Potatoes and the Whole Works. It's our company night!

Saturday: More fast fry pork scallopini. I bought some on sale, and Saturday's going to be a busy day. I'll need something fast.

Sunday: Asian Chicken Thighs. A really scrumptious recipe, and great for potlucks!

Okay, that's it for me. What about you?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Looks like a good week. You may have gotten the Mexican Chicken soup here


http://mjpuzzlemom.wordpress.com/2007/10/27/mexican-chicken-soup/

or directly at the blog linked in the recipe!


MJ

 

At 2:59 PM , Blogger Precision Quality Laser said…

You should check out this blog...
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

She cooks ANYTHING in the crockpot!
She would definitely know how to keep chicken from coming out tough.

Blessings!

Mrs. Q

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails