Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Saturday Stirrings--Asian Chicken Thighs


DeeDee over at It Coulda Been Worse! is hosting Saturday Stirrings, where we all post our favorite recipes!

I'm going to post my "saviour" recipe which I make everytime there's a potluck. I never know what to bring, but this seems to do the trick. And it's sweet enough that the kids love it, even the sauce!

By the way, this is low fat, so YIPPEEE!

So here goes:

Asian Chicken Thighs

12 skinless chicken thighs (cut them in half for a potluck)

3/4 cup salsa
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tb dijon
2 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 Tb gingerroot (cut really really small so no kid can eat a chunk and then start to cry and blame you forever)

Put the chicken thighs in a dish. Mix everything else together. Pour overtop. Pretty easy, right? The only hard part is not getting honey all over everything and then sticking to stuff for the rest of the day.

Refrigerate for 4 hours to let it marinate. This is the other hard part. I always forget to make things until the last minute. But if you use Menu Planning Monday, you'll know what's coming and can make it the night before and stick it in the fridge!

Bake at 400 for 40 minutes. Take the sauce, put it in a saucepan, and thicken it with some corn starch mixed with cold water. You're ready to go.

You may want to bring a pot of rice along with you to make it all go farther. Enjoy!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 8:19 AM , Blogger The Apron Queen said…

This sounds heavenly. Bonus: my kids like all the ingredients! I'll have to give this a try!

Hop on over to http://anapronaday.blogspot.com for my Kiss Me I’m Irish Beef & Cabbage. Want to know why they called it “corned” beef? Come on, I’ll tell ya….

 

At 9:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I will be making this in the near future. It sounds great! Thanks for sharing it.

 

At 11:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said…

Definitely a great pot-luck recipe! I think Hubby would really like this too. Thanks for sharing!

 

At 11:57 AM , Blogger Kim said…

Ooooh, wish I had me some chicken thighs right now 'cause I've got everything else and this sounds SOOO good!
Thanks for sharing :-)

 

At 1:13 PM , Blogger Laura said…

Sounds yummy!

 

At 1:41 PM , Blogger Wifey said…

Sounds great! My kids like chicken anything, so I'll be trying this soon!

 

At 2:12 PM , Blogger Fiddledeedee said…

This looks AMAZING! I'm going to assume that I can use chicken breasts as well. Let me know if this would be catastrophic. :)

 

At 10:16 PM , Blogger NerdMom said…

That sounds yummy. May I recommend a microplane grater for the ginger? You should put this in Freezer Friday on my food blog, http://nerdfamilyfood.blogspot.com

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails