Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Escaping the Computer Suction Tendency
Any of you ever feel like your day is getting sucked away from you by the lure of the computer? I have.


Blissfully Domestic has a post up on how to stay productive when you're working at home.

One of her rules is this:

No turning on the computer for a quick email check or to do one little thing until you’ve gotten “ready for work”

I agree with that! I have been writing at home for 8 years now (4 books published; syndicated column; dozens of articles), but I do find the computer sucks me in.

We also homeschool, and trying to make that my priority is really difficult, especially when a big idea strikes me.

The only thing that works is giving myself office hours: 7:30-8:30 a.m., a big break at lunch, and then 4-5:30. The crockpot is a saver for that, because I put dinner on early in the day while I'm schooling the kids, and then use the time I'd traditionally be cooking dinner to work.

But even right now I'm not sticking to my office hours because it's 8:41. Better get moving...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM , Blogger Laura said…

Oh I can relate, time seems to get away from me so easily when I'm on the computer :(

 

At 11:44 AM , Blogger Hipmomofboyz said…

I found your blog through the nester, check out my bog I have just posted some ideas on hanging pictures,that might work for you

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails