Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
4 Reluctant Entertainers: A Zippy Idea!
Sandy over at the scrumptious site 4 Reluctant Entertainers is talking about zipping it! Ziploc bags, that is, and how they can make our cooking easier. Go on over and have a look.

Since it's Meal Plan Monday today, I thought I'd talk a bit about this! Family dinners are so important, but too often we eat on the fly. We forget that kids who eat dinner together as a family are more likely to do better in school, less likely to get involved with drugs, alcohol, or premarital sex, more likely to enjoy good relationships with their parents, and less likely to be obese. What's not to like?

So eat around the table! And while you're doing it, how about making it fun? We keep a Bible trivia game and a Canadian trivia game by the table, and every now and then we'll pull out a card and do it. When we have guests over they think this is crazy, but they end up really enjoying themselves!

We also use family dinners to practice Bible verses, plan the week, or just tell jokes.

So the easier it is to make dinner, the better for your family!

Sandy is saying keep your little bits of meat in the freezer in Ziploc bags, and then eventually you'll have enough for a meal! Don't just waste things. I like little Ziploc bags of meat for soups, too. You don't need much, but it makes a great lunch.

Too frugal for Ziploc bags? Use old milk bags! Wash them out, cut the tops, and use twist ties.

Now go and have dinner!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:16 PM , Blogger Wifey said…

I keep a large plastic container in my freezer for scraps of meat and veggies about to go bad. More frugal than ziploc bags and easier to use than twist-ties!

To answer your question about my black bean soup - my kids love it, especially when I top their bowls with cheese! My oldest says it tastes like a taco in a bowl.

 

At 7:34 AM , Blogger Vickie said…

Sheila,
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comments! Out of all four of our children, I believe Seth is the one that would honor his parents and let us choose his mate.

Thanks again. I am excited to find your site and can't wait to bookmark it and look around when I have more time!!
Blessings to you and yours!
Vickie@PursuingSimplicity

 

At 10:39 AM , Blogger Maggie said…

I love Ziplocs! Great for the freezer and for keeping kids toy sets and educational materials together.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails