Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
It's a Blog Party!
Ultimate Blog Party 2008

Do you have your party hat on? It's time for the blog party from 5 Minutes for Mom!

Some party pictures to start us off:

Rebecca, my oldest, just turned 13. I held a blessing party for her.


She probably does not feel very blessed since I posted this photo of her (she's really a very pretty girl), and so this could be my last post since I may be dead soon. So I better make it good.


Katie, my youngest, is 10. She became famous at an early age.

Christopher, my middle child, is with Jesus. One day I'll join him and he'll show me around the place!

Keith is my husband. He likes ballroom dancing, because there's a big payoff.





We speak at marriage conferences together, and fight WAAAAY too much in the weeks leading up to them. Figures.


Right now it is snowing. A lot. Normally we like snowing.






But recently we were on a cruise with my mother and I am spoiled.



I've written four books, including Honey, I Don't Have a Headache Tonight (Keith liked the research), and To Love, Honor and Vacuum: When you feel more like a maid than a wife and a mother, the basis of this blog! Come back frequently or subscribe and journey with me as we chat about housework, chores, marriage, cooking, and making sure people don't take you for granted!

I also write a syndicated parenting column. I used to be in the Belleville Intelligencer, until I wrote this column. Two weeks later they let me go. Christians all over the city cancelled their subscriptions, and I was hired by a rival paper the next day and given a raise. And a large circulation. So there!

I also knit. Even in line at the grocery store. Hey, it's better than reading the cover of Cosmo!

I can quote the five hour version of Pride & Prejudice. I can also quote all ten episodes of Band of Brothers. I watch one for him, he watches one for me.

I hate nuts. And cheese.

We don't have any pets, though we had a lizard once.

To celebrate the launch of my blog, I'm going to mail out a copy of Reality Check, a collection of 85 of my favourite syndicated columns, to a random commenter on this post. So comment away! I'll announce the winner on March 20.

Labels:

27 Comments:

At 4:06 PM , Blogger Melanie said…

I'm so glad I stopped by for a visit. I read several of your posts and can really relate. I will be back!

Enjoy the party!

 

At 4:07 PM , Blogger Valarie Lea said…

Love your blog! Hope you have a great party.

 

At 4:19 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Byler Younts said…

i'm excited that i found you...i am finding so many christian moms on blogger and it is such an encouragement! :-) enjoy the party! *elizabeth

 

At 4:55 PM , Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said…

I'm glad I found your blog. I'm currently "blog hopping" as I'm not really going down the list. Anyway, I'm really enjoying your posts and will be back when I have some more time to read. lol!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

 

At 4:58 PM , Blogger Kellie said…

SO glad I found you. I will be stopping back by. :)

 

At 6:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I found you through the blog party and I will definitely be back!

 

At 6:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Great blog! Love it. Happy Party . . . hop over to mine! Blessings.

 

At 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Oh I am definitely going to hang around for a bit of a read!
Happy Blog Party!

 

At 8:49 PM , Blogger Nadine said…

Thank you joining the party. I just want to say that I love your blog. The title captured me at first, but then I took a look around and read some of your articles. I was moved by the story of your middle son.

If you don't mind, I will be back to visit again.

 

At 10:20 PM , Blogger Sheila said…

I had to come by since we share a name! Nice to "meet" you! :o)

 

At 10:29 PM , Blogger Mocha with Linda said…

Happy Blog Party. Enjoyed coming by and "meeting" you. I could so relate to the fuzzy math stuff. We get so frustrated. . .

Your post about your son was so touching.

 

At 10:43 PM , Blogger Misty said…

i loved your blog...the name roped me in, but i'm excited to come back and read the rest of your story....

 

At 10:58 PM , Blogger cltgrace said…

Hilarious header & title!!

Welcome to the party! Now that you're here, let's get this party started! There are so many new folks to meet.

Peek in on us at GraceFULL Days & say hi before you go! Skip over the Vicks Caring Tributes & vote for my Gracie Cakes story as one of their finalists~ Thanks in advance. http://videos.vickscaringtributes.com/videos/index.html

GraceFULL blessing to you & yours~

Carmen

http://gracefulldays.blogspot.com

 

At 1:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

You banner makes me smile! :)

I'm inviting you to party with me!

Win some chocolate from my-sister-in-law and I...we blog about CHOCOLATE...me from Australia...and her from Michigan. Here's the link: http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

What am I doing in Australia? I married an Aussie...and moved to Brisbane, leaving my family and friends and all the right-side-of-the-road drivers in America.

Win a handmade pocket place mat from my blog Comfort Joy Designs. Here's the link:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Want to know more about life in Australia? Visit my A Cup of Joy site where I keep up with my family and friends in America. Here's the link:
http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

Happy Partying!

 

At 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I'm glad I stopped by for a visit. I'll come back. Have a great blog party.

 

At 10:45 PM , Blogger Beckaboo said…

Great prize!!

It's been wonderful "meeting" you. Thank you for sharing a bit of your family with us. I've enjoyed getting to "know" you.

Blessings, Beckie :o)

 

At 12:27 AM , Blogger Alexis Jacobs said…

I am glad that I stopped by for your party. I already love your blog and I will be adding you to my Google Reader.

My daughter Allison passed away at 101 days old also following heart surgery. Maybe our kids have met ((hugs))

God bless.

 

At 9:30 AM , Blogger Julie Donahue said…

I am definitely going to half to come back. There were a bunch of linked posts that I was tempted to click on (like the article that got you fired, but opened up a better job). But if I start clicking on them right now, I'll be late for work. I'll have to check it out later. Swing by my party if you can. BTW...I love your header!

 

At 11:10 AM , Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said…

You have a great website! Thanks for joining the party.

 

At 3:25 PM , Blogger Wani said…

Great blog! I'll be checking in again soon!

 

At 3:11 AM , Blogger Precision Quality Laser said…

Your posts are so humorous! And I am definitely going to have to find your books...To Love, Honor and Vacuum, seems to fit my current feelings about being a SAHM. Thanks for being so real about life.

God Bless!

Jennifer

 

At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I had to laugh outloud at your comment about posting your daughter's picture.. indeed she IS blessed LOL! Stopped by during the party. Have a blessed day! P.S. What a GORGEOUS blog!

 

At 8:14 PM , Blogger Corie said…

Can't wait to stop back by and read more of your blog!

Hope you are enjoying the party!

 

At 11:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said…

Love your blog! What a great sense of humor. Looking forward to reading more.

I would love to connect. My first book, "Help! I'm a Newlywed...What Do I Do Now" is at the printer now! Smiles!

 

At 10:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said…

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Miscarriage Manners post. It's nice to hear when somebody else gets it - smiles!

Also, I'm sorry about the loss of your son. I read the piece your wrote and linked to this post, it was beautiful.

 

At 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I'm glad I found your blog through the party and will be coming back often. I'd like to write a book someday, so I'm always interested in "meeting" people who do. Also, I'm sorry to hear about your son. I linked to the piece on that and my eyes welled up with tears. I know that must be such a sad experience, but there is such strength in your words.

 

At 7:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said…

Love the title and title graphic of your blog.

Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

I'll be back to visit again.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails