Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Menu Planning Monday!

Here's my first Menu-Planning Monday! The worst place to be at 5:30 p.m. is standing in line at the grocery store with three kids in tow because you didn't have spaghetti sauce. How much better to plan ahead, go shopping once for the week, and then be done with it. That was one of the first changes I suggested women make in To Love, Honor and Vacuum, so when I saw that Organized Junkie was suggesting the same thing, I had to join.

So here's my menu for this week:

Monday: Tidy Joe's.

From the wacky girls at Looneyspoons, this is a copyrighted recipe so I can't write it all out. Mainly you mix romano beans with tomato sauce and ground turkey, mash everything up, add cumin and garlic and finely chopped vegetables, a little spice, and it's really really good! Serve on kaisers. Freezes well, too!

Tuesday: Dill Tarragon whitefish (whatever fish they have fresh at the grocery store)!

My family isn't big on fish, but I marinate it in oil and some really good herbs, and they'll eat it.

Wednesday: Ground Lamb-Lentil Casserole. I just won't tell the girls it's ground lamb! I bought it on sale once and have to get rid of it.


Thursday: Asian Noodle Soup with leftover pork. I have some leftover pork in the freezer, so throw that in with some chicken broth, asian noodles, bean sprouts, lime, fish sauce (not soya sauce; fish sauce is better, but you have to get it at specialty stores), and some of those tiny corn cobs, and it's great! Add green onions, too.


Friday: Crock Chicken Chowder. Got this recipe from Leanne Ely at Saving Dinner! I love crockpot meals, because so often I'm busy in the afternoons. Friday is skating, so to know there's dinner ready and I don't have to rush home is a big relief.


Saturday: DATE NIGHT! Dinner by candlelight while the girls are banished to the basement or their bedrooms. I have frozen shrimp-filled salmon, and these will do just fine. The girls can make their own homemade egg McMuffins, or have cereal. They'll be happy.


Sunday: I want to make a pork roast for lunch, and then not eat much dinner. We've been eating out too much after church.


So here's my question: can I put the roast on to cook and have it ready for lunch? We leave the house at 8:45 and we're not back until 12:45. I can set the cook time to come on after we leave, but how long can I leave the pork like that out of the fridge? And how long before it gets tough? I'll add lots of liquid, but I'd love some advice on this one!


So how about you? Are you going to join Meal Plan Mondays? Send me a note in the comments and let me know!
5 Comments:

At 10:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Love your blog design, so cute!
What a yummy menu!
Happy Monday!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

 

At 11:22 AM , Blogger Wifey said…

Your menu sounds great! As long as the roast is fully thawed, you could put it in the crock pot and let it cook on low while you're at church.

Have a great week!

 

At 11:24 AM , Blogger Connie said…

I'm not sure about the roast....I've never done that before. I'm sure someone will have some advice though.

Your menu looks so great!

Oh, and Welcome to Menu Plan Monday!

 

At 11:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I would place the roast in the crock pot, add pork seasoning, about a cup of water and cook on high the 4 hours you will be away. Remember, pork needs to be well done.

I cooked one like this last week, only about 8 hours on low as it was partially frozen when I started it. YUM! YUM!

 

At 11:21 PM , Blogger Laura said…

Welcome to MPM! Yes I would just put the roast into the crock pot in the morning, add some spices and liquid, turn it on low and go. Let us know how it turns out.

Laura

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails