Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Works For Me Wednesday--Washing Machine!

UPDATE: This is my vintage Works for Me Wednesday! You can read it now, and then read the rest of my normal mom posts here!
I don't mean to get so excited over an appliance. I truly don't. I know that's silly, and I'm not the type to go gaga over something that you actually have to buy.

But I love my washing machine.

About a year ago we switched from a second hand washer that we bought ten years ago, and a regular dryer that we bought after our twenty year old second-hand dryer broke down, to the front loader type washing machine.

I entered a whole new chapter in my life. They're so much FUN! You get to stuff and stuff clothes in there.


It can take about 17 towels at a time. Or two comforters. Or three sleeping bags. And it doesn't complain or anything!

Plus, it's very amusing to watch it go round and round.


This is an added benefit if you happen to be washing someone's teddy bear or blankie. They can sit there for 25 minutes and watch the whole process.

On the practical side, it takes a lot less water, and hardly any soap. We use the Melaleuca concentrated soap, and I bought it last February, and ran out in January. So the soap lasted almost a whole year! And we do about a load a day (we used to do three loads a day, but I really reduced the number of loads once I got this machine).

The only downside is that it doesn't wash well if it's not stuffed, and it takes us quite a while (like two weeks) to get that large a load of whites.

But we've saved money with it. I know they're expensive, but they're worth it. They're small. And they're FUN!

And that works for me.

You can read more of Sheila's posts here.



Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 9:04 AM , Blogger Wifey said…

I love watching front loaders work! The first time I used one I sat in front of it for about 10 minutes, watching the clothes go round and round.

 

At 9:44 AM , Blogger Darcy said…

I have a front loader machine as well and am so happy with it. I'm also a big fan of the Melaleuca soap. Isn't it amazing what that stuff gets out with hardly any soap?!

The front loader is great for letting kids help with the laundry too. I often have them move the clothes from the washer to the dryer for me since it's right at their level.

 

At 11:13 AM , Blogger ttelroc said…

I also have a love affair with my front loaders. I love them. I don't actually have any trouble with smaller loads - in fact, that is mostly what I do, since it is just DH and I. The best thing is that I can wash my comforters and duvet covers in the machine & I don't have to leave home. My comforters get washed much more often, now.

Great Tip - Front Loaders are awesome!

Kristin

 

At 11:40 AM , Blogger Awesome Mom said…

Front loaders are awesome unless you cloth diaper and then they are not so awesome. When we move we are thinking about getting a cheap top loader for diapers.

 

At 1:22 PM , Blogger Dahlia said…

We love our front loader too! And I have had no issues washing our cloth diapers in it. My sister has one that has a sanitary cycle setting (it heats its own water) that is AWESOME for cloth diapers and children's soiled laundry!

 

At 11:18 PM , Blogger Angie @ Many Little Blessings said…

Oh man -- this is making my antsy! LOL We are planning to buy a new washer and dryer (front loading for both) when we get our tax stimulus check in May. Plus -- we will qualify for a $100 rebate from our gas company after we buy them, since we have a gas water heater! WooHoo!

 

At 4:05 PM , Blogger Dutchnic said…

Here in the Netherlands we all have front loaders. I don't even think that top laoders are available!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails