Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Menu Planning Monday - Recovery from Chocolate Week!



Today we ate chocolate. Lots of chocolate. We had a Pride & Prejudice party (the 5 hour version) with a bunch of girls from church. With a chocolate fountain.




Needless to say I am feeling rather sick. And in need of some low-fat meals this week.

But we did have fun.



Now that that is over, though, and the two eldest Miss Bennetts are happily married once again (for we partake of this several times a year), it is time to become more responsible and plan for the week ahead.

So, without further ado, here is my menu for this week:

Monday: Ground Lamb-Lentil Casserole. I just won't tell the girls it's ground lamb! I meant to make this last week, but one night we didn't end up eating at home after all, but I already defrosted the lamb! So tomorrow night it is.

Tuesday: Whitefish in a Weight Watchers cornmeal batter. Apparently this tastes just as good as a regular batter, but it doesn't have that many calories or fat. You just roll it in cornmeal and some herbs, stick the whole thing in some milk, and then roll it in the cornmeal and herbs again to make a thicker batter. Then broil like usual. Sounds yummy! I'll use whatever fish they have fresh.

I'm trying to do fish once a week, and find a recipe that the girls like. I'll tell you how this turns out!

Wednesday: Sausage & Spinach Spaghetti. I love this pasta. I take some low-fat turkey sausage and brown it and break it up. Add a little bit of diced tomatoes, some pesto sauce, and a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar. Toss it in with the sausage and the spinach. Then just mix it all together with the spaghetti once cooked. It's not a thick sauce like regular spaghetti sauce, but it's low fat and really really tasty. I usually add a little bit of hot sauce to mine, too, but only after the girls have taken their bits out! This is a great way to use up any leftover tomatoes you have, or pesto sauce. I often just throw in little bits of whatever sauces or stocks I have in the freezer.

Thursday: Pork Tenderloin in maple syrup & dijon mustard. Now this is yummy. Just roast the tenderloin in the oven with a marinade of syrup & mustard. Doesn't take very long, and it's really tasty. And tenderloin is good for you!

Friday: Ham and Scalloped Potatoes. It's Good Friday, so this is my one non low-fat meal. But it seems appropriate for Easter weekend.

Saturday: Chicken-Rice Casserole. I just add cream of chicken soup, some leftover chicken gravy that's in my freezer, veggies, a bunch of rice, and leftover chicken. Mix it all together, cover with breadcrumbs and shredded cheese, and cook at 350 for half an hour. The girls love this, and always ask me to make it when we have company.

Sunday: At my in-laws for Easter dinner! And my mother-in-law can really cook!

That's it for now. Still feeling sick from the chocolate. Have a great week! I'll post more today about other family thoughts I've been having.
To read other posts on my blog, click here.
8 Comments:

At 10:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

The lamb & lentil dish sound delicious... thanks for sharing!

 

At 10:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

The sausage and spinach spaghetti sounds good. I am always looking for new things to do with pasta. Thanks for sharing!

 

At 2:00 AM , Blogger Laura said…

Your girls night sounded fun. How old are your girls again?

Have a great week!

Laura

 

At 7:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I've never thought of putting maple syrup and dijon mustard together, but it sounds fantastic. Have a Happy Easter.

 

At 9:37 AM , Blogger SAHMmy Says said…

Your Maple Dijon Pork Tenderloin sounds fantastic! Just made my first attempt at roasting this cut--so easy and tasty. I used a pre-marinated roast but will save money and try something new using your idea next time! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

 

At 11:18 AM , Blogger Wifey said…

The lamb and lentil dish sounds yummy. I'm always looking for ways to use lentils. Have a great week!

 

At 12:13 AM , Blogger Angie @ Many Little Blessings said…

So...what did you think of the chocolate fountain? I have eyed it before, and have been thinking of it again as our first Communion party is coming up.

 

At 12:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said…

Who wouldn't want to stop by a party with chocolate?
Happy Easter!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails