Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Tackle It Tuesday--The Little Things!
Tackle It Tuesday Meme

It's Tackle it Tuesday, and today I don't have the energy to do anything more than something small.

I quit Diet Pepsi for the 42nd time yesterday, and I haven't had one all day. You really can't expect much out of me right now.

But I thought I could do a drawer.


This mess is a drawer in our dining room where we keep our napkins and placemats and other stuff for the table.

I thought it wouldn't be a big deal to clean it.

I was wrong.

I emptied it, and there were three knives I've been looking for for ages. And a card game. And lots and lots of dried food particles. I had to go down to the basement and get out our central vac! Then I had to put a ton of napkins in the wash. Ugh. I can't believe I was using those.

Anyway, I did clean it. Here's the after:


As you can see, the placemats and napkins are now neat and actually fit. The purple books are little "grace" books with thirty-one graces you can sing. They're to tunes of familiar hymns, but the words are rewritten to have to do with food. They're awesome. One for each day of the month.

There's also the Bible and poetry book that we read from every night. Now everything is easy to get to, and we won't be embarrassed when company comes. I wonder how long that will last?

The point, my friends, is this: even if you only have 5 minutes, you an always tackle something! Just keep the vacuum nearby!

To read more of Sheila's posts, click here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

It's Spring Break here and I have so many piles from ALL the children that I need to tackle. I'm taking your 5 minute challenge.

 

At 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Great tackle!

 

At 4:39 PM , Blogger The Apron Queen said…

Don't you lvoe how little projects turn into big projects?

Confessions of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

 

At 8:33 PM , Blogger Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said…

I just found your blog and already love it! I have to say, I've never done a tackle it Tuesday post, but may have to start...I find it encouraging just to see other moms dealing with messes too!

 

At 9:03 PM , Blogger Sandra said…

That was a great tackle, good job :)

Love your blog, can't wait to visit more.

Hugs,
Sandra

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails