Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Photo Tutorial: Wrapping Hair in Rags
Yesterday I posted on how rolling my daughter's hair in rags produces much better curls than any other method. A bunch of you asked how you actually do this. So, by popular demand, here is how you wrap a girl's hair in rags!

First, take a small section of hair:

Then comb it flat.

Lay the bottom of the hair onto a rag, maybe eight-ten inches long.


Fold the bottom side of the rag up so it covers the hair.


Then twist, or roll, the rag up the hair, rolling it under, not over.

Roll it right up to the scalp, and then get ready to tie it.

Take the ends and make a tight double knot.

You're all done! Now repeat for the whole head. My daughter has quite thick hair and I think we used about 20 rags.

To see the final results, you can look at my first post here! Have fun!

Thanks for dropping by my blog! Since you're here, look around a bit! I've got posts on parenting, marriage, money, and tons more!

And if you liked this post, please share on Facebook below, or Stumble It!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 6:20 PM , Blogger Laura said…

Wow that is way too cool! Thanks for showing us the steps, can't wait to try it out on my daughter!

 

At 8:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

How cool! I want to try this!

 

At 9:31 PM , Blogger Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said…

Very cool and probably more comfy than rollers.

 

At 3:31 PM , Blogger Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said…

Thanks for the tutorial...my girls are going to try it this weekend!!

 

At 8:57 AM , Blogger Cherish said…

Paper towels also work if you're desperate.

 

At 12:03 AM , Blogger Angie @ Many Little Blessings said…

Way too cute!!!

 

At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

thanks so much for posting this!!! I've wanted to try rag curlers on my hair for the longest time, and thanks to you, i can.

 

At 5:15 PM , Blogger DD said…

We've used some that you buy that are basically the same thing, except that they had wire in them so they could be 'twisty tied' at the ends, instead of the time it takes to tie that knot. The curls do last a lot longer. I have fraternal twin daughters, and wouldn't you know it-the girl who has easy to curl hair is more the tomboy type, and the one with straight hair resistant to any curl is my girlie girl! There is also a cream that can be put in the hair like conditioner that will cause the hair to curl more.

 

At 8:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

what a memory - 40+ yrs ago they put my hair in rag curls for a cousins wedding - then I got sick and had to stay home. Next day when they returned my hair was curly like a rastafarian. HaHa

 

At 9:07 PM , Blogger Chickie said…

Thanks, this was the best way to do it myself without any help!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails