Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Remembering Holy Week
This is holy week, but it's also a busy one. The kids have swimming lessons; I have two columns due; we're rushing around for a ton of things.

So how do you slow down and make sure that you remember what the week is about?

This year we've done two things. First of all, we've all given something up for Lent. For me it's alcohol. Now, don't get any ideas. It's not that I drink a lot to begin with. But when I am cooking something nice, I love a glass of white wine in the kitchen. I don't know why, but it just feels classy.

Now that I can't have it, I've been craving it. And boy am I looking forward to Easter!

The girls gave up various internet activities they like, and they're looking forward to it, too!

We also read the Easter story out loud after dinner for the week leading up to Easter. So every night is a new reading. We usually read the Bible anyway at dinnertime, but this time it's directed. So it's very meaningful.

I think the kids enjoy it. We don't go in for the Easter eggs much, but I do tell the kids that the Monday after Easter is an amazing time to buy great chocolate at half price! So they've been saving up their allowances for that, rather than waiting for the Easter bunny on Sunday!

You can read more of Sheila's posts here.

What do you do to remember Easter at your home?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:13 AM , Blogger Ice Cream said…

It is so wonderful being able to celebrate the holidays in meanigful ways rather than just by buying more STUFF.

 

At 11:15 AM , Blogger Amber M. said…

Our family gets a visit from the Easter bunny on Saturday morning...so that Easter Sunday is all about Christ. It has worked great for our little family. LOVED your post.

 

At 2:51 PM , Blogger Elspeth said…

I'm with you on the candy. It's half the price the day after the holiday than it was the day before!! Seems crazy to pay full price.

I agree that it's important to remember to keep Christ at the center of the holiday. And reading the Scriptures together is the perfect way to do that.

 

At 3:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

On good Friday we sit down and go thru the Resurrection Eggs (12 eggs that are clues to Jesus death, burial and resurrection). I highly recommend them. Thanks for helping me to remember to slow down and remember!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails