Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
I'm a WiiFit Mom!
I really don't have anything profound to say today. I've said lots of profound things in the past week, but today I am just excited because I have almost conquered the Bubble Balance Exercise on my new Wii Fit!

We've been wanting to get a Wii Fit for ages, but our town has been sold out for months. But a few days ago my husband found one by chance, and boy is it fun! The kids love it!

I'm still not sure if it actually will get me in shape. I'm not doing that badly; what I need is more aerobic exercise, but I get that from jogging while listening to podcasts! I find the step exercises on the Wii Fit kind of boring, and I've already unlocked the advanced step program. But the balance and the strength training seem really good. I'm already an expert at the Yoga.

The neat thing is that my kids are doing it like crazy. Our biggest problem is getting them off of the Wii, not getting them to do it. I'm not sure how long that will last, but at least they're getting some exercise now.

Of course, spring time is a stupid time to start this, since we'll all be outside soon anyway, but it's fun for now.

So for all of you who are Wii Fit Moms, tell me how you like it. What are your favourite activities? What's really good that I have yet to unlock? Have you found it actually helps you get in shape, or is it not strenuous enough?

Love your comments!

P.S. I'm getting my podcast ready! I'll publish it later today.


Bookmark and Share


To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:08 PM , Anonymous beaconoflight3 said…

You will absolutely love the Wii Fit. I love unlocking items and what makes it even more fun is when you have someone to compete against. I need to make time for myself and get back to it. :) Good luck!!

 

At 2:50 PM , Blogger Luanne said…

I love wiifit too! It won't get you in shae though...but it will help improve your balnce, core and strength (yoga). But that is the first step in improving your fitness so it is still great! Have fun with it!

 

At 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Before I injured my knee, I had lots of fun with the Fit! My faves are the hula hoop (awesome for your abs!) and the running. Unfortunately I can't jog just yet, and now I have to start all over again with the super hula hoop - how on earth did I manage to get through 10 minutes of that torture?!

I, too, find that it isn't quite enough for me cardio-wise (unless I do free-run) or strength training wise. But it is fun when I need a gentler workout or just to get out of a rut. And my kids LOVE it, too.

 

At 9:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said…

I have a Wii Fit. My hubby bought it for me for Christmas. The plan is for me to use it when I just can't get out to the gym. When I use it and do the strength training and yoga, I do feel sore the next day from working muscles that haven't been worked in quite some time. My favorite...I think it's actually the soccer game thing on the balance games. My hubby bought me the Jillian Michael's fitness for the Wii (works with the balance board) for Mother's day, I'll let you know how that one works!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails