Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
I'm Caffeinated!
At least according to the women at the Internet Cafe Devotions, who gave me an award in their Top 100 Christian Women's Bloggers of 2008 list! I'm in the caffeine part--I wear lots of hats and am high energy!

And speaking of that, you should have seen me today. First, I'm off the wagon and I had two Diet Cokes, after trying to quit. But it's because I had a dozen women over at my house, operating 4 sewing machines and 1 serger and about 14 pairs of scissors making cloth sanitary pads for my mom to take to Africa! It sounds corny, geeky, and a bit icky, but girls in Africa miss school and work because of their periods. They have nothing to wear. And these are so darn cute, with flannel on top and fleece on the bottom. They're adorable! We had an absolute blast. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

I also have a new winner of my monthly giveaway contest! Every month, I mail one of my books to the blog who has blogrolled me who also sends me the most new traffic. This month it's Domestic Felicity, an Israeli blogger whom I absolutely love. She chose to receive To Love, Honor and Vacuum, and I'm mailing it out to her! You can win it next month. All you have to do is blog roll me on your blog (put a link to me in your column), and then remind people to visit!

And you could be a big winner, too, on Wednesday! I'm having my blog party for Honey, I Don't Have a Headache Tonight: Help for women who want to feel more in the mood. If you buy the book on Wednesday, you'll get a ton of free stuff! And I'll be giving out prizes all over the internet! More details tomorrow.

I'm off to bed now. Nighty night! Hope I can sleep with all that Diet Coke in my system...

Bookmark and Share





To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:47 AM , Blogger The Beauty Bargainista said…

what a totally fun award! I dont drink caffine, but I used to, and I could never sleep with diet coke in my system! hehe I hope you get a good nights rest! :)

 

At 5:21 AM , Blogger Mrs. Anna T said…

Thanks again! I didn't even know you were hosting a giveaway so it was a lovely surprise. :o)

Good job on making those sanitary pads. I'm thinking of switching to cloth pads myself, would go easier on the amount of produced waste.

 

At 2:55 PM , Blogger Laura said…

Congrats, how fun!

Also, thanks to you, I'm switching to cloth as well... sanitary products are EXPENSIVE!! And every little bit helps.

My new life motto is, "If my grandma could do it, so can I!" ;)

By the way, I know a lot of crafty ladies. Is there any way to get in on your sanitary-pad-making venture? It would sure be a fun ladies' event for my home group! Any info would be great!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails