Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
I Miss My Diet Pepsi. Sigh.
A few years ago I realized that I was gaining about 3 pounds a year. I was 10 pounds heavier than I had been a few years before that, and I thought I'd better do something about it. After all, 3 pounds a year is 30 pounds in a decade, and 60 pounds in 20 years. Not good.


So I started one of those low-carb diets for a few months, and the first thing they told me to do was to stop drinking milk and start drinking diet pop. I didn't like it much at first, and really missed the milk, but I made the switch.


I had never bought pop in my life to drink at home (I always bought it in restaurants, but that's different), but I wasn't supposed to have much milk.

I ended up leaving that diet, because I couldn't survive without the dairy and the fruit, and didn't really believe that was healthy. But in the meantime I had really become addicted to Diet Pepsi.

I've never been a coffee drinker, so the caffeine was lovely.

Since then, I've gained another four pounds, but that's over about five years and my weight is stabilizing or going down, so I'm happy. I'm working out more, and I really eat quite well. But I decided this year that the Diet Pepsi had to go. I don't like needing the caffeine, and I REALLY don't like the aspartame.

So it's gone. Quit cold turkey.

And I miss it!

Water just doesn't cut it. I tried Perrier, because at least it's carbonated. Boy, is that stuff gross. And I can't do coffee.

So I'm here with my pathetic water with lime or lemon squeezed into it, and I'm trying to talk myself into believing that it's just lovely and I'm ever so happy.

I'm not. But I know I made the right choice. It's amazing how much of life is like that, isn't it?

Bookmark and Share

To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 4:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said…

I have been struggling with Diet Coke. Keep meaning to stop but justify why I need it--tired, deserve a treat, etc. I will consider making a cold turkey change, but it's about all I drink (sad but true), so it seems too difficult. I'm also making other changes to my diet, so I also use that as an excuse for not making "too much change." Thanks for something to think about.

 

At 4:11 PM , Blogger Carrie said…

I feel your pain. I've decided to forego Diet Dr. Pepper. Water and lemon...okay, but not the same. My solution...and a few calories extra...Minute Maid Light Lemonade. That stuff rocks and lemon has so many good things for your body! A glass or two a day, water the rest of the day, and it's something I can do!

 

At 4:58 PM , Blogger HisHappyApple said…

You can do it!
I've never liked diet drink. (Nasty aftertaste! Plus they give me headaches.)

I got used to drinking water by putting lemon in it. Now I am to the point that I don't need lemon or lime anymore. I actually like water now. I drink 8 to 10 cups per day.
Makes a HUGE difference in how you feel.

 

At 6:44 PM , Blogger Cassandra said…

I add a packet of EmergenC (tangerine flavor) to my water....and its god for you but its really good!!

 

At 10:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

If I drink to much caffine my boobs hurt.

 

At 10:27 PM , Blogger Dena said…

I keep trying to give up my beloved diet coke, but I get terrible migraines when I go without the caffeine for more than a day. When plain water doesn't satisfy me, I drink Fruit 2 0's. They have 0 calories and many different flavors. Very yummy.

 

At 12:06 AM , Blogger Stacy said…

Have you tried tea (hot or cold)? My hubby has given up regular pop and cut back on the diet, but still needed the caffeine fix. We do hot tea sweetened with stevia, which is a natural sweetener.

 

At 1:15 AM , Blogger Jessica's Visions said…

I just decided to do this about a week and a half ago. Lemon squeezed into my water. ha!

I have still had a few diet soda's though!!! (bad on me)

You are giving me inspiration to keep it up. Thanks for blogging this.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails