Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Till Kids Do Us Part

One of the biggest threats to a marriage are tiny people. They drool. They command attention. They break things. They monopolize conversations. They monopolize your thoughts (especially if you're female!). They hang on you all day so you don't feel "in the mood". They do stupid things and cause you grief. And, even worse, bad things can happen to them and break your heart. Kids are stressful.

Today's podcast comes from a clip of a talk that I gave to a group of pediatric residents recently. They were all studying to become pediatricians, and doctors have an extraordinarily high divorce rate. The big theme of the talk I gave was that your marriage has to come first--before your job, before your money, and even before your kids. So here's me sharing some thoughts on parenting!

And in the midst of it, I also told them about our tragedy with our son who died. Now grief tears apart a relationship like little else. I am so grateful that God used our grief to cement Keith and me together, rather than to pull us apart, but I think when we grieve we face a crossroads. Are we going to walk towards each other, even if it's hard, or are we going to retreat?

Listen in! It's under ten minutes, and it will give you a better taste of who I am as a person! You can set it to play while you surf the net, or you can download it. And now you can even subscribe through iTunes!

Bookmark and Share


To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails