Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Do you remember 12?

I had a crush on a boy named Walker. I hated Amy, a girl in my class. I used to fake asthma attacks to get out of gym.

I would run with my dog Brandy all around our farm property. I did the Thirty Minute Workout in the summer to an aerobics show. I hated my hair, and wished it was wavy like Farrah Fawcett's.

I loved The Love Boat, especially when they had young people on. I wanted to grow up.

My son would have been 12 today. And I'm just feeling a little blue. I'm visiting some friends right now, which is why I haven't posted in a bit. We're going home tonight. If I were home I'd post a picture, but I'm on my friend's computer, and it's only dial up at that. But I just felt like remembering his birthday.

The holes in his heart meant he never even made it to one birthday. Instead, on the day he would have turned one we had a new baby, who is now 11, and I love her very much. But I always think of my little boy on August 6, and I look forward to seeing him again.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:30 PM , Blogger Precision Quality Laser said…

I miscarried three days before my birthday..so Sept 4th is a day I remember even though the baby would have been born later. I'm sorry that you have to wait until you can meet him on the other side.

God was gracious too and we now have a almost one year old daughter. I like to think that she has a sister in Heaven (didn't know the gender of the baby..too early on in pregnancy to tell)...we named her Alegria Corazon..Spanish for joyful heart.

 

At 5:31 PM , Blogger Precision Quality Laser said…

I mean we named the baby Alegria..our daughter has a different name. :)

 

At 5:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I have surviving triplets from a quadruplet pregnancy. Our son lived for about 12 hours, but was too sick to live. His siblings will be 7 on the 25th of August. It's a day of joy and of mourning every year.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails