Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
What Traditions Do You Have?
Tracey over at Grace Comes By Hearing is talking about what family traditions she wants to keep going for her kids.

So I started thinking about mine.

Reading is a huge part of it. I love reading to my kids! We started when they were only 5 months old, with board books, and when they were 4 they could listen to Ramona or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Now they both read novels on their own, but we still read out loud. We're doing Austen's Sense and Sensibility with my 10-year-old currently. It's a lovely book, and she understands it better hearing it!

Everytime we go camping we take a long book to read out loud, and read it around the fire. We bring books to the beaches, and we have books all over the house. We're putting hardwood in our main floor this week, and to prepare we had to move all the books out of our bookshelves. They're all over my house!

And I buy a ton of books for the girls, often at used bookstores. I still have all my favourites from when I was a girl, and my daughters have liked them, too. So I'm determined to keep these for my grandchildren!

We have lots of other traditions, too, but I think what the kids will most remember about our house is the books.

What about you? What is your house about? I'd love to know!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:28 AM , Blogger Tracey said…

WOW! THANKS FOR MENTIONING ME! I AM SO SPECIAL!
I am amazed by all those books....your husband needs to get busy building some shelves!!! Have a great day!

 

At 10:11 PM , Blogger Antique Mommy said…

Definitely books, like you, so many we don't know where to put them all. And feeding people. We like to have people in our home and feed them. My pantry is like a little grocery store.

 

At 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

We go out to eat on Saturday mornings for breakfast and hit a few yard sales on the way home. We listen to a local station's bluegrass program while we get ready. Saturday mornings are a special time for us.

 

At 9:34 AM , Blogger Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said…

First time visitor and loving my views. Traditions...don't even get me started. As a traditions consultant (yes, there is something like that), I am so passionate about the power of making purposeful memories. The "we alls" of family..."We always do this on Christmas, we always go here on Sat. mornings.." love it, but like I said...don't get me started.:) Hope you're having a wonderful vacation.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails