Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
You Might Be a Redneck If....
you bring Saran Wrap to a buffet.

Just one of those amazing experiences on the Alaskan cruise I just returned home from!

My in-laws are celebrating their 40th anniversary, so Keith and I took them on the trip of a lifetime. I didn't really announce it beforehand because I don't like putting a post up on my blog that says something like this:

"I'M AWAY FROM MY HOUSE FOR THE NEXT 10 DAYS SO COME AND ROB IT!"

You know what I mean? But I'll tell you all about it over the next few days. It really was phenomenal. And it was the first time my husband and I were away just the two of us since our honeymoon.

We had such a good time, except that we never did get any chocolate chip cookies at one of the places we stopped to eat at because three families in front of us in the buffet line picked up all the cookies and wrapped them in Saran Wrap before we got there. I really wish I had more temerity to go up to them and say something. But I didn't. So now I'm just sharing it with you all.

I'm probably just trying to forget about the fact that the kids are at summer camp, and we're home and they're not. We go to pick them up on Saturday and it's killing me.

But, to keep myself busy, I'm speaking at an online homeschooling conference tomorrow. You can find out more on the little widget at the bottom on the left hand column.

Now, off to try to beat jet lag!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:27 PM , Blogger Precision Quality Laser said…

lol...how tacky. And,if I were in your shoes and I had the house to myself with my hubby, I wouldn't be lamenting the absence of kids! But this is coming from a mother of three under the age of five...
So maybe if I had older children that COULD go to youth camp...lol. I'm just sayin'...enjoy the time you have to yourselves.

 

At 7:15 AM , Blogger Cherish said…

I hear ya - DH was gone for 9 days and I didn't say anything on my blog until he got back. It just didn't seem safe.

Congrats on the amazing trip!

 

At 9:30 AM , Blogger Tracey said…

I clicked on the homeschooling picture at the bottom but it took me to photo bucket not the site. Can you help?

The cruise sounds wonderful. I have never been on one! Would love to go some day.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails