Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Wifey Wednesday: Go 3 for 3

I was browsing around the internet lately and found the best synopsis of marriage advice I've seen in a long time.

Readers to this blog won't find any of it surprising. I talk on these themes all the time. But it's so pithy and wise, I have to reproduce it just as she said it over at Garden of Holiness:

3 Things to Keep in Mind
1. You picked him.
2. You can't change him.
3. You didn't marry a girl.


Aren't those brilliant? You can't change him. So stop trying. In fact, it's better to pray that God will bless him and make him into the man God wants him to be--not the man you want him to be! As you start praying for him this way, God often changes our hearts. And then we can focus on changing ourselves.

And remember, he's a guy! And there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm scheduling this post ahead of time because I'm away this Wifey Wednesday, so I'm going to send you over to Garden of Holiness for the rest of her post. And you can click through on the links I've highlighted there to other Wifey Wednesday posts I've loved!

Now it's your turn! Go to your own blog and write a marriage post, and then come back here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky! (I'm assuming Mr. Linky will work, but I'm scheduling this ahead of time. If he doesn't, leave your link in the comments!). And copy my picture from the top of this post and use it in your post, too! Thanks so much, and I look forward to seeing what you all have to say!



Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar

To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:53 AM , Blogger Elspeth said…

Yes, those ARE good, Sheila. Thanks for sharing them.

 

At 9:07 AM , Blogger Jamie {See Jamie blog} said…

Love it. That list of 3 things is right to the point. ;-)

Hope it's okay that I've linked an older post. In case Mr. Linky goes haywire, you can find the post I linked here.

 

At 12:05 PM , Blogger Laura J. Davis said…

Hmm...you're right I did pick him (it's all my fault!), seriously I wouldn't have picked anyone else and after 27 years this month I know I'll NEVER get him to change (not sure I'd want him to). On the flip side however, he now does the laundry on a regular basis. Woohoo!

 

At 2:50 PM , Blogger Bitter Sweet Moments said…

What a great list!!

 

At 4:05 PM , Anonymous Jen-After the Alter said…

Thanks for sharing! Those three things are certainly true! I think women sometimes forget their men are MEN! Like the book says, men are from mars women are from Venus...VERY DIFFERENT!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails