Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
The Problem With Waxing Under One's Arm....
is that one has to wax under one's other arm.

I discovered this last year in a fit of what I thought was brilliance, when I decided to try waxing my armpits instead of shaving.

But after shaving for 25 years or so, the roots are extra heavy. You yank them out and it is awfully hard to get up the courage to wax the other one. Trust me.

Now, that's probably Too Much Information. And if so, I do apologize. But I want to share some other expertise that I have acquired over waxing.

I used to shave my legs as a teenager, but at 18 my mother told me to wax, because then the stubble wouldn't grow as fast. So I started to, and never really shaved again, petrified that I would counteract any good I had done by waxing. I had this little plug-in device called an Epilady which hurt like anything as well, but a funny thing happened. After yanking out by the roots for years, it really does stop hurting.

It's the same with waxing my eyebrows. The first time my hairdresser did it I almost hit the ceiling. Now I'm fine.

So last week, the big moment came in my relationship with my older daughter. She asked me if it was okay if she shaved her legs. I told her sure, but waxing may be a better idea. And we decided to wax together.

It was awfully funny. She laughed through the whole thing, and we had a great conversation. And the neat thing was that it didn't really hurt her at all. I guess if you never shave, it's not so bad. It's waxing after shaving that's bad.

So I have a little convert, and from now on we'll be experiencing this wonderful process together! I'm still trying to figure out why the female gender gets most of the pain and all of the beauty travails, but I'm not sure if that's a mystery that will ever be solved. Although my husband is requiring the tweezers now for all the stray eyebrows which keep growing as long as his hair! Guess he's growing old, too.

Be back tomorrow with a wrap up of Complaint Free Week!

Bookmark and Share


To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:32 PM , Blogger Laura said…

Really? It didn't hurt her? My daughter is so needing to start shaving but I can't imagine telling her to wax. I figured it would be terrible and she would hate me forever. What type of wax (brand) did you use? I'm totally intrigued.

Laura

 

At 7:11 PM , Blogger Sheila said…

We used that NAIR wax that you heat in the microwave that doesn't require strips. I like it, except it leaves tiny flecks of wax on your legs and these are infernally difficult to get off! And you have to be careful of your bathroom floor!

I'm not sure why it didn't hurt her that much, except that the roots just aren't that strong yet. If you wax with her she may not mind! She even did her armpits. She liked the fact that you only have to do it once a month.

Tried to get my younger daughter to try her armpits, though, and she said no way. So I would say take the cue from your daughter. If she's not self-conscious about it, let her be for now.

 

At 9:54 PM , Anonymous Sandra Foyt said…

I've never tried waxing, too afraid of the pain. But, now I'm thinking this may be a great option for my daughter who is almost ready to start shaving. Thanks!

 

At 6:05 AM , Blogger Christine Pembleton said…

I haven't laughed so hard.... This post was hysterical, and should be an article in Women Today, or some other magazine. Loved it.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails