Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Complaint Free Week: Challenge 3!
Hello ladies! How are you enjoying complaint free week?

At times I have great difficulties. I wake up and I feel very tired, or I am tempted to offer "helpful observations", which are really just complaints. But I am trying to keep my mood upbeat!

If you remember, we've already had two challenges.

1. Find five things that you're grateful for everyday.

2. Find a way to talk to your husband about your relationship on a regular basis, so that complaints don't build up.

Today we have a new one! This one has to do with friends.

Do you know when I complain the most?

It's when I'm talking on the phone with friends. We complain about church, about committees, about people, about children (especially other people's children). Whatever.

And what's worse is that I realize that my children can hear.

So today, and for the rest of the week, I want you to watch what you say to your friends.

Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't talk about real problems or real issues with our friends. I think we all need 1 or 2 safe women that we can talk to about anything, to hold us accountable, pray with us, and encourage us and guide us. That's essential.

But usually what happens is that we get talking to friends, and it's fun to complain and find fault in others. It really is. I'm not sure if it's because it makes us feel superior or what, but it can be fun to talk about all the things that everyone else is doing wrong. And I am most guilty of this when I have a partner in crime.

I think the purpose of complaint free week is not to stop feeling badly about some things in our lives--we will all have difficulties. It's to get our eyes off of our difficulties and onto God, who has the solutions. If we talk about struggles with the goal to solve them, that's fine. If we talk about struggles so that we can focus on our problems and focus on criticizing others, that's not.

So let's change the nature of our conversations. Today, when you're talking to your best friend, sister, or just any friend, ask them what is GOOD in their life. If you need to share a problem, share it with the goal of finding a solution, not going over and over someone else's faults. Tell them what you feel blessed about, and what you are praying for.

In a nutshell,

Complaint Free Challenge Three: Talk about blessings with a friend on the phone today, instead of talking about difficulties!

Go to it, and leave a comment about how it's going with you this week!
Bookmark and Share




To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM , Blogger kelli said…

thanks what a great reminder to talk about something positive instead of dwell on the negative. I will try this today!!

 

At 8:56 PM , Blogger Luanne said…

wow...you should read my last post! and after writing it I stumbled upon your blog...that has to be a God thing. I will be back...I love what I see so far and could use the encouragement and direction!!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails