Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Wifey Wednesday: How He Makes Me Feel Safe

Usually in Wifey Wednesdays we talk problems. I name a common problem in a marriage, and then offer a possible solution.

Today I want to do something different. Tell me what you love about being married! Tell me how he makes you feel safe. Tell me how he helps you to share the burden.

I have a dear friend whose marriage is falling apart, and it's not primarily her fault. I won't go into the details, but you can trust me. Last week she had a big health scare, and she had to walk through it alone.

It just reminded me of some of the neat things about marriage. Even if your marriage isn't stellar; even if you're sometimes aggravated; even if you wonder if you're ever going to feel truly loved and accepted, I hope we can all agree that there are some wonderful things about being married. Even if one is that we don't have to walk through life alone.

I know many of you struggle, but today let's turn our hearts to gratitude. What do you appreciate about being able to share the load? What do you like most about having someone to lean on?

For me, I just like someone to talk to. Even if it's just while we lay in bed at night, or while I'm getting ready in the morning and he's in the shower, I like having someone who cares about my day and whom I can share frustrations with. It's a little thing, but it makes me feel wonderful to know that there is someone else who knows what's on my heart, who knows what's on my plate, and who cares. I'm not carrying it all alone.

What about you? Why not participate in Wifey Wednesday today? Just write your own post, put my Wifey Wednesday picture up on top of it, and then come on back here and enter the URL of your post in the Mr. Linky. Or you can just leave a comment, if you don't have your own blog! But let's talk gratitude today!

This week I'm also introducing people to me a little bit more, and one of the things I want to tell you about is some of the great resources I have. I speak quite a bit to women's groups and marriage groups, and many of those talks are available for download. Today, though, can I make a recommendation? If you and your husband are stuck in a rut, why not listen to our humorous "Light My Fire" talk that Keith and I gave together? It's all about how to reignite romance in your marriage. Download it here.





Bookmark and Share

To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:02 AM , Blogger Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said…

I love this topic- as I mention in my post- how my hubby makes me feel safe is one of the things I found most attractive when I first met him!

 

At 9:57 AM , Blogger Christy said…

Thank you for this topic.

I love the way my hubby makes me laugh. I take myself (and everything) far too seriously and he helps me relax and laugh.

 

At 3:12 PM , Anonymous Jen-After the Alter said…

My husband is my best friend. Over the 8 years we have been together (married for 1) no matter what we have always been eachothers best friend and for that I am thankful. As with any relationship we have our ups downs but he listens to me, makes me laugh, and is a wonderful companion!

Jen

 

At 4:12 PM , Blogger Berji's domain said…

Great idea!
I've known my husband since I was 13. We were great friends before we became romantically entangled :) We can talk about anything to each other. We're pretty realistic that life isn't perfect, but we are sharing it together- and that is what makes it great.
And we have similar senses of humor so we can laugh at a lot of the same things.

 

At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I came from an abusive home. My Father enjoyed causing emotional and mental pain, as well as the physical. My husband is completly different and that is what I love the most. He is so kind and dependable and I know he would never treat me or our kids the way my father treated my family. We've been married almost 11 years and I'm never quitting on him.

Toni

 

At 11:56 AM , Anonymous Lyn said…

I love this topic!

I love the way my husband brings out the best in me! He taught me alot of things. Im the one who always worry about everything but he helps me to relax and enjoy the moment for me to forget worrying so much... He always knew how to make me laugh even on the time that I dont even feel like smiling.


Lyn

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails