Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Podcast: What Throws Us Off Track
When my children were little one of our favourite read-aloud books was "Going on a Bear Hunt". Remember that one?



"Going on a bear hunt. Going to catch a big one. We're not scared!".

And then all the obstacles hit:

"Oh, no! Mud. Thick, oozy mud. Can't go over it. Can't go under it. Guess we'll have to go THROUGH it! Squelch, squirch, squelch, squirch, squelch, squirch."

I think the Christian life is like that sometimes. We want to move forward, but our feet are weighed down. We're slogging through mud.

And the sad part is that more often than not we do it to ourselves. If you're feeling like you're not growing, my new podcast today can give you a quick, 5-minute push in a different direction, AROUND the mud, rather than through it.

I identify the main reasons we can't see to focus on what God wants, and how to get rid of those defeating ideas from our lives.

Ready to listen? Just go here! I post a new podcast every week, and you can subscribe through itunes, download it onto your iPod or mp3 player, or however you best want to listen to them!

Bookmark and Share





To Love, Honor and Vacuum
2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM , Blogger Amydeanne said…

can't wait to listen to it!
thanks!

 

At 7:25 PM , Blogger kelli said…

one of our families favorites too! Reminds me of the way I have been feeling .......stuck in the mud! Thanks

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails