Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Does Parenting Make You Happy?


Of course we all want to be happy! We want blissful family lives, easy relationships, and lots of hugs.

But there's a problem. If we're having kids in order to make us happy, we're likely to be very miserable indeed.

My podcast this week addresses this very problem. I talk about the dangers of our quest for happiness, and remind us that maybe God wants something far deeper for us! Listen in here.

The podcast is based on a longer talk I gave at a MOPS group about what the point is to ou lives. And you can listen to the rest of this talk, too! This month, my complete talk, "Don't Worry, Be Happy?", is available for only $2 as an audio download! Don't miss it!

Bookmark and Share



To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM , Blogger kelli said…

this made me think about my motives with my 1st born. there are days when I really struggle with him (it might be because he is a strong willed teen) but I had him very young. I can look at the rest of my dc and know that I am happy to just be there parent. I have joy just watching who God is making them into. thanks for sharing

 

At 5:03 PM , Anonymous Mel Menzies said…

Hi Sheila, I made it! Nice site! I gave up on the dust bunnies under the bed many years ago. I had to sign books the main Christian Booksellers Conference in UK back in the eighties, and saw the sign promoting me and my book. I told my friend it made me feel rather a fraud and that I was really only a housewife. 'About time you started seeing yourself as God sees you,' she reprimanded me. 'As a Christian author who gets only a little time for housework.' I haven't looked back since!
Mel Menzies, author of A Painful Post Mortem

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails