Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Menu Plan Monday: Back in Shape!


Every few weeks I say this, but I really am going to start exercising again.

Really.

After my bout with the Plague recently that lasted 3 1/2 weeks, I completely stopped exercising. And then last week, even though I was technically better, I didn't have the energy. This week I do!

So that means going to the Y, which means that I have to have dinner ready ahead of time. That's why I'm focusing on my crockpot again this week. If you don't have one yet, you really need to get one. They're not that expensive, and the food is delicious! Plus, you can cook when you have time to cook, since many of us don't have time at 5:00 p.m.

Here goes:

Monday: Crockpot Ham Casserole
I made a big ham last week and I have some leftovers, so I'm making this!

Tuesday: Crockpot Lemony Chicken Thighs
One of my daughters will actually eat lemons--raw--so I thought I'd try this recipe that uses frozen lemonade in the crockpot. It sounds good! I have a problem in crockpots that I always seem to overcook my chicken, so I may not cook this for quite as long as it says. (Don't worry; I'll still test to make sure it's done). But I'm looking forward to it!

Wednesday: Round Steak in a Creamy Sauce
I love beef in the crockpot! So here's an easy one I'm doing with round steak. I have a bunch of it in the freezer, since we bought half a cow last year, so I'm looking forward to using this up. I don't necessarily use the Cream soup that it calls for; I just use whatever's in my cupboard. And I always buy the lower-fat creamed soups. I just can't use the full fat version.

Thursday: Spaghetti.
But my daughter's cooking on Thursday, so I don't have to worry about it!

This weekend I'm speaking at a marriage conference, so the other meals I don't need to worry about. But I figure that with all those crockpot recipes, I should be able to get to the Y three times, or at least twice. Let's see if I actually do it!

Thanks for stopping by! I have lots of other posts up about parenting, grief, marriage, and more! Why not stay and look around a bit?

Bookmark and Share



To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:33 AM , Blogger Hoosier Homemade said…

Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

 

At 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I need to start exercising again too!!!

By the way, I've left you an award at my blog if you want it. :)
Thanks for being one of my favorites!

~Deni

 

At 12:02 AM , Blogger Gem said…

Note about crockpot cooking -- most recipes were written for our mothers' avocado green crockpots, which did not get as hot as today's crockpots. Somewhere along the line, a food safety person somewhere decided the older pots didn't get hot enough to kill bacteria, so they made the newer ones hotter. You can almost never cook anything 6-8 hrs in a newer pot w/o burning it to a crisp. My old one my mom passed down (yep, avocado green) I could set in teh morning and have a nice roast when I got home from work. Now I can set it before church and have a nice roast at noon.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails