Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Random Thoughts on Christmas
First, everyone should know that this is the proper attire when making stuffing.

I bought a 30 lb. turkey this year. And we're not feeding very many people. But I want a ton of leftovers. So this bird had to go into the oven at the crack of dawn. Hence the pyjamas.

But I also react to onions. Hence the goggles. So here I am, making the stuffing (don't worry, I washed my hands!), properly equipped. May you all be amazed at my ingenuity.

Yesterday was actually Christmas, and we had it at my mother-in-law's house. It was lovely, but Keith was feeling a little under the weather so we left early.

During the day, after the presents were opened, I went on a cleaning frenzy and totally cleaned my storage rooms and several bathrooms. Do any of you ever do that on Christmas Day?

Today I'm heading for the furnace room, now that the bird is in the oven. I don't have relatives coming until about 2:00, so I have around 4 hours to clean. Yay!

Other thoughts:

Making electronic games out of games that once did not require batteries is stupid. The old battleship game was the best. Who needs an electronic one with sound effects? The whole point was that you made your own.

And why electronic Monopoly? It's a fun game, but before the kids had to do the math in their heads. Now they just swipe their VISA cards. And now you need batteries!

Trying to get cousins to play when they have very different interests and are approaching the teen years is very difficult.

The Wii really is quite fun. And you do work up a sweat! What an awesome game. We haven't had cable or satellite or an Xbox, but we bought the girls a Wii. Now we're almost a normal family!

Sometimes the benefit of being with extended family is that it makes you remember how much you love your own little brood.

Have a great day!


Bookmark and Share







To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:20 AM , Blogger Valerie said…

I totally agree on the attire for stuffing making. I use a similar attire for cooking, cleaning, etc.

I love the googles. How funny!! That is a big bird.

We love the old games too! Hubs got an electronic Monopoly and we are thinking of returning it and getting the good old fashioned version.

Have a great day!

 

At 1:51 PM , Blogger Jane Anne said…

I needed a little laugh this morning! I love, love, love the googles!!

 

At 5:50 PM , Blogger Patricia said…

Too cute! I hope you didn't have to learn the hard way (the way *I* did) that 30lb turkeys produce an abundance of drippings. Flammable drippings. That was two Thanksgivings ago, but the fire extinguisher is now closer to the kitchen.

 

At 9:55 PM , Blogger Sande said…

Good to see that someone was actually up with you to take the photo.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails