Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
It's My Anniversary! It's My Husband's, too!
Good morning all!

We are snowed in here in Ontario on a lovely blustery day, where I am drinking hot chocolate and still in my pyjamas instead of in church, where I normally am this time of day on a Sunday.

We are celebrating 17 years of marriage today, and I am very glad we didn't have this kind of weather back in 1991. Although I think we still would have gone through with the whole wedding thing!

I married my best friend. We were best friends for a year before I started to realize that maybe the feelings were deeper than that. So I told him, and after a while he agreed. Then I told him that we were perfect for each other and should really be married, so he proposed.

It was a lovely courtship.

Of course, I haven't been able to call the shots since then quite as much, which is a good thing. But having that foundation of friendship was a wonderful thing. We didn't even kiss for quite a while because we couldn't quite picture it. It took a few months of dating to do that.

I always tell my girls they should marry their best friends, because you want someone you actually want to hang out with. You don't just want someone you want to make out with. Because quite frankly, you can't do that that much. And the novelty wears off. I've written books about that!

But when you're friends, you have a foundation. But you have to stay friends. Do stuff together. Talk together. Play together. And that is what we still do, and what we're going to do today.

Have a great snowy day, wherever you are!

Bookmark and Share





To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Blogger Mel said…

happy anniversary!!! I agree about marrying your best friend!!

 

At 4:13 PM , Blogger Donnetta said…

Happy Anniversary!

 

At 4:43 PM , Blogger dmauton said…

Happy Anniversary.

 

At 6:21 PM , Blogger Dena said…

Happy Anniversary! We're snowed in at the moment too.

 

At 7:15 AM , Blogger Tami @ This Mom's Delight said…

Happy belated anniversary! We're on year #13.

 

At 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Better late than never I guess :)

Happy Anniversary

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails