Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Introduction from your Neighbour to the North
For all my American readers who have been burning with curiosity about what life is like up here in Canada (yeah, right), I have some information for you!

Here's Jeff Foxworthy (who does not live in Canada) on life in Canada. And he's amazingly right on:

If someone in a Home Depot store
Offers you assistance and they don't work there,
You may live in Canada . (I don't know why Americans think Canadians are so polite. I find most of us obnoxious!)

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time,
You may live in Canada . (this is my youngest daughter's winter uniform).

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation
With someone who dialed a wrong number,
You may live in Canada .

If you measure distance in hours,
You may live in Canada . (Oh, yeah baby. We live 2 hours from Toronto and 2 and a half from Ottawa).

If you know several people
Who have hit a deer more than once,
You may live in Canada . (Typical dinner conversation: The first time I hit a deer....)

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C'
In the same day and back again,
You may live in Canada . (did that today)

If you can drive 90 km/hr through 2 feet of snow
During a raging blizzard without flinching,
You may live in Canada . (I've never mastered this. But my husband has).

If you carry jumpers in your car
And your wife knows how to use them,
You may live in Canada . (I do!)

If you design your kid's Halloween costume
To fit over a snowsuit,
You may live in Canada . (Did this every year when the kids were young!)

If the speed limit on the highway is 80 km --
You're going 90 and everybody is passing you,
You may live in Canada . (Who's he kidding? The speed limit is 100 and I go 125).

If you know all 4 seasons:
Almost winter, winter, still winter,
And road construction,
You may live in Canada . (Oh, yeah).

If you have more miles
On your snow blower than your car,
You may live in Canada . (Hint: we call them kilometres).

If you find 2 degrees 'a little chilly',
You may live in Canada . (It's not too bad).

If you actually understand these jokes,
you must be Canadian!

To Love, Honor and Vacuum


Subscribe to my feed by clicking above!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Sounds like my home state MN.

 

At 12:43 AM , Blogger Katherine said…

I must say... A few of those apply to living in Tasmania as well. We are 3 hours from Launceston. 2 if you drive fast. And shorts and a jacket? Yeah, pretty common! Sometimes we have all four seasons in one day, and we can cycle through them in a week pretty easily. A few days ago we had snow down to 300 metres. Today it was 31 celsius! I love living here!!!

 

At 9:00 AM , Blogger Tara said…

Introduction from you neighbor to the south. I gave a hearty AMEN to everysinglesolitaryone of those! Except for the km ones, I don't understand kms. I guess Canadians and Minnesotans aren't that different.

 

At 11:11 PM , Blogger Ashley Wells said…

This is funny!

It seems very different up there!

-Ashley

 

At 10:46 PM , Blogger TRS said…

Most of that is true for Nebraska too!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails