Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Menu Planning Monday: Getting the Kids Involved!



What are you eating this week?

For Menu Planning Monday, organized by Organized Junkie, we all post our menu plans for a week! And I think that's a great idea, because there's no worse place to be than standing in line at 5:30 at a grocery store with three hungry and grumpy kids because you forgot you didn't have any spaghetti noodles.

Plan a menu, and your shopping is all taken care of, and the guess work is gone!

So here we go for this week:

Monday: Chicken Lo Mein. We haven't eaten chicken in a while because we've been busy with roasts and stuff, and I think I'd like some. I have a great recipe that uses angel hair pasta and lots of fresh vegetables, and I'm going to do that tonight!

Tuesday: Shepherd's Pie. My daughters rave about my shepherd's pie, but it is so easy! I just brown a pound of ground beef, add tomato soup, a bit of Worcestershire sauce, and some salt and pepper, and then layer that with frozen vegetables and homemade mashed potatoes. Top with paprika and salt and pepper and bake at 400, uncovered, for about half an hour.

It's not hard, though I do find mashed potatoes a bit of a pain to make with all the peeling and mashing. But the best part of thsi meal is that Rebecca is going to make it! She's 13, and she's going to start cooking one day a week. So I'll do it with her to help her, but it's her show!

Wednesday: Pork tenderloin in maple and mustard and sauce. I just sautee the pork tenderloin, but into medallions, in a bit of maple syrup and mustard, with some onions and garlic thrown in. It's yummy, and tastes great over rice!

Thursday: Spaghetti. This is Katie's night to cook! I usually make my own sauce, but I'm going to let her do the sauce from a bottle. Katie actually is turning in to quite a good cook, and she loves setting the table at night and making it look really pretty! So I'm excited to get her starting to cook and to learn some meals.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: I'm gone all weekend speaking at a women's retreat, so the family is on their own! I imagine Keith will make pizza one night, and take them out one night, and do leftovers one night. But it's not my problem! I always seem to leave food for them, but then they don't eat it. It's a little aggravating. But it's his show, so I'll leave it to him!

Thanks for stopping by! Why not stay and look around a while? I've got posts up on education, marriage, Sarah Palin, and more!

To Love, Honor and Vacuum


Subscribe to my feed by clicking above!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails