Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
The Family That Cleans Together
I've posted at a bunch of places around the web lately, and I wanted to fill you in on a couple of them.

First, if you homeschool, my "Tuesday Tour" of links is up over at the Homeschool Blog Awards. Great homeschool planners linked to in there!

Best of all, my article "The Family That Cleans Together" is up at Heart of The Matter. Here's a sample:





I love knitting. And not just regular sweaters, but the kind that requires tiny needles, 35 colours and four years to complete. When I do finally finish, I feel such a profound sense of accomplishment.

That feeling is something that is unique to being productive. We can feel something similar, though not nearly so thrilling, when we finally clean out the garage, or weed a large vegetable bed, or fix a leaky toilet (as long as it’s not my husband doing it). Being productive gives you a sense that your labour matters, and that you can spend it to help make life more liveable not just for you, but also for your family.

To a large extent we have deprived our children of these experiences. Our fridge
doors may be plastered with art “creations”, but often this is as far as their productivity goes. The idea of actually helping with the dishes, for instance, is laughed off as the Nintendo is turned on.


You can read the rest here.



Heart of The Matter is hosting an online study of my book To Love, Honor and Vacuum this fall, and you can follow that link above to get involved!

And I think that's it! I'm off to finish an article on how to set up a great church library (if you have any good pointers, email me here), and I have to take my mother-in-law to the dentist. So a ho-hum day. But hopefully by the end I'll at least feel productive!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:06 AM , Blogger Christian said…

Will you post a link or something when you finish the article about the library? Our very small church has an office overflowing with books, something needs to be done! Thanks!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails