Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Menu Planning Monday: Too Many Hamburgers!
I have four problems. I am trying to lose five pounds by my birthday, which is now only 6 days away. Hamburgers are high in fat. I hate throwing out food. And I have two boxes of hamburger patties which must get eaten up.

Somehow all these things do not go together.

Yesterday our Bible quizzing group from church had a barbecue for all the youth involved, and I brought tons of hamburgers which didn't get eaten. But they were out of the freezer for long enough that they defrosted. So now they must be eaten. I shall have to throw a huge barbecue myself so that other people will eat them!

But that leads me to another problem. We bought a new barbecue yesterday, but it is currently sitting in a box, and must be put together. My husband has ten years of post-graduate education, but I doubt he can put a barbecue together in less than four hours. So chances of it being ready to go soon are slim.

Assuming he does get it ready, though, here are my plans for the week:

Monday: Leftovers. I love leftovers. I have chicken leftovers and some soup leftovers, and we shall eat those and be merry.

Tuesday: BARBECUED HAMBURGERS! I'm having another family over, and they're bringing a Caesar salad. I'll cut up lots of veggies, and we'll munch on that.

Wednesday: Pork roast. Sounds yummy. I love putting maple syrup and dijon mustard on the pork roast by cutting slashes in the top and letting it dribble in. Cook at 325 and it tastes really moist. Then serve with rice and veggies, and you're good to go.

Thursday: Spaghetti! It's Rebecca's turn to cook, so I'll let her make it. I'm big on teaching kids 11 and up to make dinner at least once a week.

For the rest of the weekend I'm speaking in Ottawa, and I think the family is coming with me. This is the second last big speaking engagement I have until the fall, so I almost have time to relax!

Did you come for the menu? Read more of my blog here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12:04 PM , Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said…

If you have extra burgers, just grill them all! Then break them up into small chunks, freeze, and use in your next batch of chili. It works great as long as you didn't make cheeseburgers out of them, and the grilling adds a little extra smoky flavor to the chili. Yummy...

 

At 12:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I am trying to work out of my freezer too. Looks like a good week. Thanks for sharing!


MJ

 

At 4:33 PM , Blogger Michelle said…

It all sounds delicious.You could cook it up and use it for lasagna? or meatballs ..Have a great week..

 

At 7:31 PM , Blogger Laura said…

I love burgers on the BBQ, sounds yummy! I hope you get your BBQ together.

 

At 4:38 AM , Blogger Darci said…

Can I suggest to look up eat right for your blood type?? I am a B, when I cut out wheat, and drink lots of water, the lbs roll off. Every time :D mmmmm BarBQ

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails