Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
7 Fun Things About Me
I've been tagged by Storm at All Things Cherished!

Here are the rules...
1. List these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So here are 7 fun things about me. At least I think they're fun:

1. I knit all the time. Even in line at the grocery store. I always have a pair of socks with me so I don't waste any precious time. I love to knit. I really do. And I'm making all the teenagers in our youth group scarves for next fall. They all want them, so I guess knitting is popular again!

2. I can't stand styrofoam. The sound when you're rubbing it against something is worse than finger nails on a blackboard to me. So if we're ever unwrapping something with styrofoam, I have to leave the house! I think this falls under the same category as dog whistles. I can hear most of them. I can just hear weird frequencies, and it's a horrible thing, especially in the dentist's office!

3. I'm a purple person. I love purple. But lately I've been wearing more green, and I don't know why. I hope it's not a sign of something bad.

4. I like my in-laws. Quite a bit! We're even taking them on a cruise to Alaska for their 40th anniversary this summer. We live in the same town with my entire extended family on both sides, and it's really nice to be able to drop in on everybody for a few hours and then leave. No staying with people for the weekend, which gets old really fast.

5. We like to camp. In fact, we'll be camping most of the summer. I just like being away from all the technology and all the cleaning I have to do!

6. I was boy crazy in high school. I guess everybody is, but it's embarrassing to think about, so I try not to dwell on my teenage years very much. But the three guys I dated most seriously all went on to become doctors. I don't know if there's any meaning in that, but women used to ask me to date their sons so they would be doctors, too.

7. I let my kids eat chocolate for breakfast sometimes. Does that make me a bad mom?

Okay, I think that's it! Now I have to tag seven people.

Linda at Spilt Milk
Sprittibee
Smoochiefrog at In The Mind of a Thirtysomething Mom
Kristen at We are THAT Family
Kelly at Love Well
Katrina at Callapidder Days
Homemaker Barbi

Now I'll go let the seven people know!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:16 PM , Blogger Tara said…

Purple is my favorite color. If I have the option to use purple anything I'll take it.

Two weeks ago at a garage sale I bought two cute GREEN bags! It must be a sign. :) Of what though???

 

At 5:43 PM , Blogger Julie said…

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my devo at HOTM.

Papa has spoken to me MUCH through the Prodigal Son story. I spent WAY too many years living as the older son. It was all I knew. Now I have entered into the embrace of my Papa and discovered and intimacy in relationship that I always longed for.

My son has been wearing glasses since he was young, maybe 5-6. The years fly by and with 5 kids I can't remember exact ages when things happened any longer. : )

The thing is he has worn glasses all this time and no one has noticed that he was not seeing as he should. I trusted what the eye doctor's said.

We are learning though and that is a good thing. I love how Papa gives me glimpses of His heart through every day life.

Thanks for sharing with me your story. And I loved the point you made about the Prodigal story. I had never noticed that. But it's true. To really draw near to the Father we have to come to our True US.

Blessings,
Julie

 

At 10:23 AM , Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said…

Green is my favorite color, so wearing more green can never be a bad thing, in my opinion. :)

As for chocolate for breakfast, my mom used to let me regularly eat Count Chocula cereal when I was growing up and I think it was a wonderful thing!

I did this meme today, although with a bit of a twist.

 

At 6:34 PM , Blogger Kristen said…

My favorite color to wear is black. Red to decorate with.

As for the tag, here's the link since I already did it!
http://www.wearethatfamily.com/2008/04/all-you-n-ever-wanted-to-know-more.html

 

At 9:34 AM , Blogger Sprittibee said…

I eat chocolate myself sometimes. I had a best guy friend that went on to become a doctor. Oh, and the guy I dated in the army was a doctor (medic) and delivered babies. :) Thanks for tagging me. I have done this one once or twice, but maybe I can give it a go again. ;)

 

At 9:35 AM , Blogger Sprittibee said…

For breakfast! I meant I eat choclate sometimes myself for breakfast. :) Pays to wake up, doesn't it?!

 

At 4:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Thanks for the tag, Sheila! Here are 7 fun things about me:

1. I LOVE Star Trek (original and next generation)!

2. My husband and I will watch the same movies over and over again for days in a row. It all started with the movie Groundhog Day...

3. I love pink, and almost everything I own is pink (have you seen Homemaker Barbi ? haha

4. I collect dolls (new in boxes, although I'm not at liberty to say which brand is my primary).

5. I keep MY toys at my computer and in my car. Example: a stuffed Intel Pentium man that sits atop my monitor...

6. I love Super Nintendo and WoW. We are a gaming family.

7. I'm a big nerd, and I love it!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails