Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Menu Planning Monday: Taxes Week!

Hello everybody! It's a new week and it's a busy one, and I am trying not to panic.

I'm speaking this weekend three times: two workshops at a homeschooling convention and then an outreach women's tea at a church. All three should be fun, but I do need to polish my talks.

And then the nightmare. On Tuesday night my brother-in-law, who is also our accountant, arrives to do our taxes. Doing the taxes is not the issue. It's getting all those little pieces of paper together that is. We have two businesses in our house: Keith's medical practice and my speaking and writing. And I have to figure out all kinds of Accounting terms like "costs of goods sold", and "remaining inventory", etc. etc. Oh, bother.

I also have no time to really prepare for all these things during the day because I'm homeschooling three kids. And I have company coming Monday night, Tuesday night, and Wednesday night. So I need easy meals.

Last week one of our easy meals was baked potatoes, and it worked very well. The kids mostly loaded on bacon and cheese, while I added salsa and a black bean spread, and it was very yummy and very easy. I figured it counted, at least for me, as a meatless meal.

So here we go:

Monday: Ham and Scalloped Potatoes. This is my staple company meal because it's really easy.
For the ham, I just pour some maple syrup and some dijon mustard in it, and put it in a roasting pan for two hours. It always tastes really yummy. The scalloped potatoes aren't hard, either. Then I just make three vegetables from what's in my fridge: broccoli, carrots, green beans, mushrooms, etc. And cut up some cold vegetables, and you're set.

Tuesday: Spaghetti. This is taxes night, so it has to be easy. I'll have Rebecca, my 13-year-old, make dinner that night. We just brown ground beef, add garlic and carrots, and throw in some ready made sauce. That's it!

Wednesday: Chicken in Garlic-Ginger Sauce. Another really easy recipe! I can just boil the chicken (you heard that right) while I'm still schooling, save the stock, and then make the really yummy dipping sauce. Serve with rice and some veggies, and you're done.

Thursday afternoon we leave for Hamilton for the homeschooling convention, and don't get back until late Saturday night, so that's my whole menu for the week. It's going to be a busy one!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Blogger Amy said…

Sounds good! Have a great week!

 

At 12:53 AM , Blogger Nicole said…

Yumm that chicken recipe sounds good. :) Thanks for sharing!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails