Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Works for Me Wednesday: The 43 Folder System



I just read about this great organization system over on a Twitter chat, and I want to share it with you! I'm just starting it, so I can't give you a full review, but I think I like it.

If you're like me, the biggest clutter problem you have is papers. I have papers everywhere. And because I homeschool, I'm constantly printing out stuff I want to teach at a later date, or that the kids may be interested in learning. Where do I put it? It sits in a heap on some table or counter somewhere, and I move it umpteen times before it comes time to use it, at which point I can't find it.

And then there's the mail. Bills that are due, letters I need to reply to, stuff I have to do something about. I have tons of different places I file such stuff, but it is trying.

So here's the system: you get 43 file folders.


I know 43 sounds like a lot, but it works. Label 12 for each month of the year. Label the other 31 for each day of the month. Then, on the first of each month, you transfer all the papers that were sitting in that month's file into the particular days you need them. Appointment cards, birthday cards you have to send, bills, homeschooling lesson plans, etc.

I think it sounds brilliant. I have a small file box I'm going to use, and I think this may just clean up all my paper problem. I'll have to give a final review later, but I like it.

And if you want more organizational help, I have some FREE household organization charts you can download, including chore charts, personal planners, and more, right here!

UPDATE: I've received lots of comments and emails saying, "but wouldn't 43 folders just add to the chaos!?! Where do I put them.

Good point. I use a file box. I'm really spatially challenged, so it's hard to tell you how big it is, but it seems square, so I guess that's about a foot wide and a foot deep. It's not that big. And it fits all the folders. It has a nice lid so I can just keep it where I work and get my filing done. I used to try to keep all my folders in the filing cabinet, but that seemed like a lot of work. I like having them in one small box I can cart around and rearrange. And you can get the boxes really inexpensively at Staples or Office Depot, and some are even coloured and decorative!

Thanks for stopping by! Why not stay a while and look around? I've got posts on marriage, including Wifey Wednesdays, and lots more!

Like this post? Stumble It with the share button!

Bookmark and Share



To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:53 AM , Blogger Melissa said…

That does sound interesting. Love your site, btw!

 

At 10:36 AM , Blogger Jerralea said…

I've done the same thing at work for year, but I call them tickler files. (Look in the folder each day to "tickle" your memory.)

However, this year, I'm going to try it at home!

 

At 10:44 AM , Blogger Amy said…

That's a very interesting idea... I'll have to give it some more thought. I'm afraid if I didn't contain it to begin with the 43 folders would end up adding to my paper clutter, rather than removing it.

My WFMW tip about my new way to carry my coupons is up HERE if you'd like to take a peek.

Have a great day! :)

 

At 5:59 PM , Blogger Mary said…

Hmmm... sounds like a great idea. I always have such a problem with papers because the only desk we have is in the basement and it's such an inconvenience that I never use it. I might just have to try this out.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails