Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Girls Night Out Niagara on the Lake!
DSCN4231


Last night I spoke at a Girls Night Out event in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, in the lovely Orchard Park Bible Church!

Had a great time meeting all the women there--like Stacey Weeks, who was instrumental in organizing it. So many churches from the whole community were represented, and it was a great night! Comedian Leland Klassen opened, and then I gave a little comedy portion, a sponsorship appeal for World Vision, and then a thirty minute talk on what it means to be able to say that "God is enough".

Loved talking to women afterwards, and so appreciate the two hurting women I shared with for a while--one whose husband just left, and one who has a family member dying of cancer. Hard, hard things, but let's remember Romans 8:18:

For we know that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory that will be revealed in us.

I love that verse. It means that no matter what hardship and crap you're sludging through right now, no matter how terrible it is, it's not worthy to be compared to the glory that will be revealed in us. Isn't that beautiful? My son's death was horrible, but even that is not worthy to be compared with what God will do.

What joy!

The drive home, however, was not so joyful, since I hit a traffic jam and sat on the QEW for two hours. I realized I wouldn't make it home that night and woul d have to stay at a hotel intead. I thought to myself: "I didn't bring any pyjamas!" And then, for those of you who have seen the show, I remembered that flannel nightgown I always hold up for laughs. Sometimes props come in handy!

Girls Night Out is coming to the Maritimes in November! If you have friends in the eastern part of Canada, point them here to find dates and times. And I'll be touring the U.S. in the spring and fall, so maybe I'll see some of you there then, too!

The rest of the album is here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Stacey said…

We loved having you Shelia! Your inspiring talk and timely words have been used by God. I've heard wonderful thigns from the women who attended.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails