Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Getting to Know Some To Love, Honor and Vacuum Readers!
I so appreciate my loyal followers, and those who comment frequently on this site (and for those who just read, I encourage you to leave a comment and introduce yourself! I'd love to know you better!)

Today, then, I thought it might be nice to meet just a few of those who stop by To Love, Honor and Vacuum on a regular basis.

1. Terry from Breathing Grace, A Life in Bloom, thinks so much like me, and is a real encouragement! She writes from the perspective of a woman who feels called to stay at home and immerse herself in family, while still engaging the world spiritually and intellectually.

Here's an excerpt from a beautiful post she wrote about learning how to love her husband:

As I was sitting watching my hubby coloring with Lil’ Princess yesterday, I was struck by all the things I’ve learned about love, and marriage, and family. Things I could never have learned any other way than being in this family. Things I could never have learned without the trials as well as the triumphs. And thinking about how blessed I am to be a part of the work God is doing in each of us through this family that He bound together to love and learn from one another. In particular, I was thinking about growing in marriage.There is a difference between falling in love and living in love. And learning the difference between the two has made all the difference in where we are compared to where many couples end up.

I remember how difficult it was for me as a young wife to be happy and accept my husband when we began to unpack the emotional bags that we’d kept safely tucked away while we were dating and putting our best feet forward. Every cross word, forgotten request, or lack of attention was magnified because I didn’t know what it meant to live in love. I only knew what it meant to fall in love, and it was causing me a world of misery. My husband though not perfect, handled it much better when I unpacked bags that frankly hid far more dysfunction and selfishness than his.


Read the rest to hear how she navigated out of selfishness and into learning how to create a real, loving relationship. And then subscribe to her blog, because I love reading her posts!

2. Jennifer Sikora at For Such a Time as This blogs a ton, with lots of book reviews and thoughts on marriage & kids. Here's a quick post on how to boost your marriage:

I love to do something really special for my husband when I know he is coming home from work. I don’t do this all the time, but most of the time I will. Maybe you can do this as well or something similar for your man–something that says to him you are important to me and I love you very much.


Read some of her really easy ideas here, and then try to do something tonight!

3. Megan at A Sanctuary Sought comments a lot and has been faithful with Simplify Your Life month! She's been jugging kids & grad school for a while and has a lot of great insights. A few weeks back she wrote an eye-opening article on how badly society has deteriorated with video games. Commenting on an article she found, she says:

"Only in Japan, Real Men Go To a Hotel With Virtual Girlfriends". Basically, a former honeymoon destination in Japan is trying to find a way to survive in a country where the population is shrinking and the marriage rate is falling. So they're catering to a new idea of "couple": real men taking their video-game character girlfriends on expensive weekend vacations. In the first month of the promotion, over 1500 men brought their virtual dates to Atami for romantic walks, an afternoon kiss and an evening of fireworks. They paid for two people to stay in a room at the hotel featured in the game, adding to the "realism".

Wives, homemakers, helpmates...if you ever doubted your value, consider this as proof positive that men NEED us in order to be their best.


Read the rest here, and then stop by and get to know her a bit better!

4. Kristine at Kristine Remixed writes some really interesting posts about coming out of a very anti-Christian lifestyle and finding peace in Christ. She's very honest about her struggles. Here's a really challenging post, asking us, "do you really belive in the power of God"? Before you say yes automatically, read what she has to say.

5. Cherish over at Brownies and Onion Dip has luscious recipes, so if you like recipe blogs, check her out! I'm sure there's something that you'd love to eat!

If I've left you out, it's not intentional! I'll try to make periodic posts to highlight some of my followers, and I tend to find people just by clicking through the comments or on links. So if you want to be "noticed" by me (and by others reading this blog), just leave a comment, either on this post or on future ones! Leave a link to your blog there if you'd like, too. Next time I write a post like this, I'll look backwards through the comments and start finding new gems to introduce to my readers! I'd love to meet more of you!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 8:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Well I'm regular (and oh so hurt to be left out...HA!) I used to participate in Wifey Wednesday weekly, not sure what I've done with that one, need to get back on it! Anyway, you know me, I'm Sheri. Mom to 4. Wife to 1. Daughter. Sister. Aunt. Soon to be FORTY! (And extremely excited about it)

 

At 9:06 AM , Blogger Sheila said…

Sheri--I did forget about you! Sorry! I know you're a regular, and I'll try to include you next time ;)

I turned 40 this year. It didn't bother me a bit. People keep telling me that the 40s are the best, and I really believe it. During my twenties I hardly slept, what with babies and all. In my 30s I was still trying to figure out who I was. Now I'm more mellow, and much more fun!

 

At 10:39 AM , Blogger Elspeth said…

Thank you, kindly, Sheila. As you know, I *heart* your blog, too!

 

At 2:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said…

Thank you so much for including a link to my post Sheila. :) I'm glad you find what I write interesting or helpful. I know I certainly glean a lot of good stuff from your blog!

Sheri, I'm glad to hear your excited about turning forty. So many women get uptight about it but my forties have honestly been the best and most fruitful years of my life. I'm nearly 46 and couldn't be happier :D

 

At 6:36 PM , Blogger Cherish said…

That was so sweet of you to feature me! I was thinking, gosh I'll have to make sure to comment and then to my surprise I saw my name!

 

At 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I have been in and out of this blogging world for a little while now and am trying to be a little more regular with posting. However, I am a homeschooling mother and wife. We were married 10 years ago this coming Wednesday. Heather

 

At 10:18 AM , Blogger Megan said…

Hey, there I am! Thank you for the call-out, Sheila! :)

 

At 8:08 PM , Blogger Jennifer Sikora said…

Thanks for the shout out Sheila! You are amazing!

Blessings,

Jennifer
For Such a Time as This

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails