Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Weird Stuff About Me
I don't have time for a big post today, because I'm swamped with stuff that needs to get done here in my real life.

So I thought I'd just post some random, silly things about me that you may not know. And so, in no particular order, here they are:

1. I am trying to kick the Diet Pepsi habit, but I'm not always succeeding. I need caffeine, but hate coffee. I've done the 3/4 hot chocolate, 1/4 coffee, and I still hate it. But I'm scared of aspartame. So I've got to get rid of the DP!

2. I love purple.

3. But I recently found out I shouldn't wear plum eye shadow on my blue eyes. Turns out it makes you look like you're bruised. You should wear warm browns to make blue eyes pop. I did not know that, but now I do!

4. I knit for my mental health.

5. I think chocolate for breakfast is okay if you're pretty good about the rest of the day.

6. There are only females in my family. On my mother's side, that is. My great-grandmother was one of three girls. My grandmother was one of three girls. My mother was one of three girls. I was one of three girls (me and my two female cousins; the only people in our generation). I now have two girls, but I did have one son, who didn't live. Just sort of strange, that on the female side, we're pretty much all female.

7. By the way, all those females knit, too. Although my oldest daughter likes to crochet. The traitor.

8. I live in Canada. It's cold. I would rather live somewhere warmer, but family is here, and family makes me feel all warm inside.

9. I actually like munching on raw vegetables. Even without dip.

10. I used to fake asthma attacks to get out of gym class.

Okay, that's about it. Now you know more about me. Back to my busy life!

Share/Bookmark

Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:31 PM , Blogger Katherine said…

Apparently apples are more efficient at waking you up in the morning, maybe you could give them a whirl!

I love purple too... and I put chocolate chips through my cereal. I think it makes a balanced breakfast!

I love the 'battle' between knitters and crocheters! I love it how those who don't knit or crochet just don't understand the 'competition'. I'm primarily a crocheter, but I go to a knitting group with my sister in law, who is primarily a knitter. Love it!

Thanks for sharing these funny and interesting things about you!

 

At 10:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said…

I love raw vegetables too! W/out dip. As long as someone else has done all the work and cut them up for me. :)

I don't knit or crochet. I scrapbook. Once upon a time I knew how to crochet.

I don't do caffeine at all. Never a coffee drinker. Not much of a soda drinker (or Pop as we Western Pennsylvanians like to call it!). Decaf tea every once in a while. But mostly just plain ole water. It is the best! Good luck giving up DP! I'm sure it is hard!

 

At 11:10 PM , Blogger Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said…

Loved reading your list....Diet Coke is the thing I am trying so hard to leave behind....Love your blog...

 

At 10:12 AM , Blogger Bethany LaShell said…

#10 made me laugh!

I love purple, too, but I can wear it as eye shadow since I have green eyes.

I struggled for over 3 months to kick the Diet Coke habit. I finally did it when my dermatologist said it is a big contributor to they type of rosacea that I've recently been diagnosed with. Sure enough, my skin has cleared up (hate it when the dr. is right!).

I LOVE chocolate, but recently found out I'm lactose intolerant, so I have to take lactaid if I want any. :-( Otherwise, I'm all for eating it at breakfast!

Thanks for sharing all these fun (mostly) things about you! Blessings on your busy day.

 

At 10:42 AM , Blogger AnneZ said…

Fun list, Sheila!
Have you tried sweet tea? We make ours with stevia which is an all natural, but calorie-free sweetener. You get the caffeine, but no calories, and it tastes great! Good luck kicking your habit. :)

 

At 3:40 PM , Anonymous Muriel said…

#10 been there, done that. And now that I am all grown up I pay for the gym an feel good after, crazy world.

I knit so I don't kill people ;-)
I finished a pair of socks for my mom tonight

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails