Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadian readers!

I know most of you aren't Canadian, but I'm sure you can join me in a general feeling of gratitude today.

I asked my kids today what they were thankful for that wasn't tangible. Like, if you were in prison, and had nothing, what would you still be grateful for?

I find so often when we're talking about gratitude, we focus on those tangible things, like our families, our health, our possessions. Those things are wonderful, and I am grateful for them, but if that's as far as our gratitude reaches, then where will we be if we start to lose some of those things?

So what am I thankful for?

I'm thankful that the Lord has made Himself real in my life. I'm thankful for music, that sings inside my head. I'm thankful for memories of love, both earthly and heavenly. I'm thankful for the promise of heaven. I'm thankful for a sense of peace and forgiveness that has stayed with me throughout my life. I'm thankful that I'm never alone.

I'm thankful for my education and great books, that fill my head with things to think about! I'm thankful for sunsets, chipmunks, baboons, and butterflies, even just the memory of them. I'm thankful for the vast array of colour in the world. I'm thankful for Scripture, and for the opportunity to learn God's word. I'm thankful for teachers who have given me a sense of God's purpose in my life.

I'm thankful for those I love, and for the love that we have already shared and always will.

What about you? Even if you're not Canadian, and you're not partaking of turkey today, what are you thankful for?



Bookmark and Share


Stumble Upon Toolbar

To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:10 PM , Anonymous ruth stiles said…

I am thankful for my salvation....where would I be without it! and then I am thankful for my family - they are my support system...
Finally I am thankful for (among many many many other things) my new to us coal furnace...so nice and toasty warm here in central NY state!

 

At 10:54 PM , Blogger Kate said…

Today I am thankful for the dude that made M&Ms. Oh PMS..how I love you....

Seriously though, I have been blessed with much and for that I am so thankful for the One who has given it all to me.
Happy Thanksgiving, Sheila.

 

At 7:41 AM , Blogger Jennifer C. Valerie said…

Happy Thanksgiving Sheila!

I am thankful for so much. God, my family, my christian family, my blog friends, excellent health, protection everyday, the opportunity to minister to people and so much more.

My life is blessed and the credit all goes to God so I am most thankful for Him in my life as my Saviour, my Lord, my everything.

Enjoy the festivities.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails