Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
I'm BAAAACCCKK!!
Hello all!

I hope you're all still here! Sorry I deserted you for two weeks, but it was worth it. Trust me.

Here's the story. My children were at camp for two weeks, and my husband decided to take me on a second honeymoon. So he booked us in at some inexpensive mid-week specials at some resorts, and we had an amazing time.

We played tennis. I knit a ton. And we did other stuff that I would prefer not to share with you. :). Suffice it to say that it was much better the second time around :).

But two weeks is enough, and I am now home with my girls again and looking forward to getting ready for our homeschool beginning! In the meantime, let me share some random thoughts before I get ready for my real posts coming up this week:

Is anyone else at least mildly offended by this ad campaign by Staples? It insinuates that having kids around is a pain. My girls watched it, and said, "why are they parents then?". For us, September means MORE kids, not less, since we homeschool and I'll be with the kids more than I was this summer, but I'm looking forward to that. I know summer is hectic, and it's nice to get back to a routine, but I just think this commercial is over the top.

I watched a TON of decorating shows while we were away. I was completely turned off of every other TV show, so I just set the dial for the Home and Garden Channel and occasionally TLC (for What Not to Wear). We don't have a television at home, so I forget how negative much of TV is. Everything is real crime or real disasters or cold cases. It's awful. I really would rather think about what art to put over my fireplace. Although I still haven't decided.

The other show I watched was Supernanny. How can people live like that? Isn't it exhausting to live with children who don't behave and don't go to bed? It's actually easier to put the work in and make them behave.

This has been the best summer of my life. I think I'm in the best place in my life. I'm at peace with my calling from God, I feel great in my marriage, I'm really enjoying my children. I know that life will not always be smooth sailing (as it hasn't been in the past), but I pray that the foundation that we're laying now will help see us through when life does get difficult again. But for now, I think I'll rest in God, rest in my family, and take a bubble bath.

It's good to be home.


Bookmark and Share


Stumble Upon Toolbar

To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:07 PM , Blogger LauraLee Shaw said…

Amen, sister. I don't like husband bashing, and child bashing is just as distasteful. It's as though we're cursing God's gift and blessing to us each time we have this attitude.

So glad you're back. Thankful for the "bonding" (winka) and relaxation time with your hubby.

We are 2 weeks into our schooling, and though it's stressful, hectic and a TON of sacrifice, I wouldn't trade it for anything. :)

 

At 11:26 AM , Blogger Nancy said…

I think this commercial is offensive. I knew nothing of it since we have no TV, also. I sent them an e-mail voicing my opinion.

Glad you had a great summer. We're looking forward to starting school next week and getting back into a regular routine.

Blessings on your year!

 

At 1:24 PM , Blogger Kate said…

Glad you had such a wonderful time away and that you are happy with the way things are in your life. You've earned this spot :-)
Blessings to you.
Kate

 

At 3:15 PM , Blogger Tara said…

I thought the Staples commercial was a little over the top. However, the Dad was at least involved in back to school shopping. That has to count for something??? Maybe not.

I was going to comment on something else, but I forgot exactly what. Let's just say I agree with you. :)

 

At 3:16 PM , Blogger Tara said…

Oh, it was about Supernanny. I love watching that show mainly to feel better about my parenting!

I also let my kids watch bits of it on occasion. Often the kids in the show are the same age as at least one of my children. My children are amazed at the amount of disrespect and bad behavior that are displayed in the kids on SN. It is a great way for us to point out that the reason we try to train our children is so that they are a blessing to those around us and not a nuisance.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails