Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
My Idea of Bliss....
...is playing tennis with your husband on a court on a plateau in the middle of the woods when a deer gallops by.

We're taking our second honeymoon right now. Our first wasn't the greatest. I'll post about that tomorrow on Wifey Wednesday! And let me tell you, after eighteen years it gets a lot better.

Posting is going to obviously be light :).

But a few things: thanks SOOOO much all my great readers for your encouragement yesterday. I feel a lot better! It's not that I'm super-sensitive (well, okay, I am, but that wasn't the issue yesterday). It's just that I really do take my calling seriously, and I don't want to do write anything that might actually hurt or damage relationships. I want to help, and if I write something too quickly without thinking it through, then I just feel a little badly. But since most of you said you found it funny, as did your husbands, I'll let it go!

Now for a funny story. My husband made the reservations for us this week. Our kids are at a summer camp we've been coming to their whole lives, first for Family Camp, then kids' camp, and now Girls' camp (for teens). We decided that while they were away, we'd tour around the area and stay at some hotels. So Keith booked us in to this one resort, not really knowing where it is.

Well, it is on the SAME ROAD and the SAME LAKE as the kids. We're in Muskoka, Ontario, which is a gorgeous cottage area about 1000 km square. And we're less than a km away from the kids. I am SOOO tempted to get out a canoe and paddle over to watch them do kayaking, or hike through the woods and try to smuggle a message to them. But you're not supposed to have communication until Visitors' Day (I'll post about that maybe next week; camps' rules sometimes bug me). So I'm left knowing they're just a little bit away, and there's nothing I can do. But it is pretty funny, especially when Keith started reading me directions of where we were going to go.

Talk to you tomorrow for Wifey Wednesday!




Bookmark and Share


Stumble Upon Toolbar

To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:45 PM , Anonymous Jen @ After The Alter said…

I hope you are having a wonderful time on your 2nd honeymoon! It sure sounds like it! :)

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails