Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
The Kid Dictionary
I came across the recently when I was browsing the internet and I thought it was kind of cute!


"The KidDictionary: A Book of Words Parents Need But Don't Have"
- a glossary of words I made up and compiled and designed with photos when I found myself unable to describe a great many of the phenomena predominant in my life owing to the fact that I have children.
ie:
WISHJACK: To maliciously blow out the candles on another child's birthday cake.
KODICK: The child who refuses to cooperate in the taking of a family photograph
INVISIBOOBOO (in-VIZ-uh-boo-boo) n: – The site on a child’s body where you unnecessarily applied a Band-Aid to appease them when they got hurt, though did not bleed.
THREEMAGEDDON (three-muh-GED-in)–n.: The supposed hellfire and brimstone that would erupt should an annoyed mother reach the third digit while counting aloud to 3 to get a non-compliant child to get his act together..
“ONE !….TWOOOOOOO !!!!….. ”



And one of my favourites: SNOOT: to suck in rather than blow out when you blow your nose. My kids always did that, too!
Let's see if I can come up with some:
LISS: When your 18 month old comes to kiss you, but instead of making that smack sound she just licks and drools all over your face instead.
Or how about:
FAMILYSCARETRAIT: The annual family portrait taken every Christmas, where you may be smiling, but in the background you're squeezing your son's shoulder to keep him from moving and you've got your knee into your toddler's back to prevent her from jumping up and down, all after you lectured them up and down that they must look good for this or else.
Can you come up with any?

Bookmark and Share


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM , Blogger Joanne Sher said…

Oh - thank you for the laugh!

And I can't think of one at the moment - but will come back if it do :)

 

At 6:08 PM , Anonymous Debbie said…

I am STILL laughing out loud over these! HILARIOUS!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails