Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
I Let is Slip Through....
Just wanted to apologize to everyone that I inadvertently let the "f word" slip through in a quotation from an article below. I took it out now. I had edited others out, and thought I'd copied a safe bit, but I should have proofread more. So excuse me, and I am sorry!

I don't swear myself, but often I don't even notice it anymore. It's sad, I know, but so many of our extended family and friends swear like anything that I sort of develop a tin ear to it. But I didn't mean to put it in there, and I'm sorry! Won't happen again.

I find this sort of thing frustrating. Often I'll watch a great movie, that I'd love to share with the girls, but there's just one scene or one word that was totally uncalled for. Why did they put it in there? It ruined the whole thing.

Or I'll watch a movie with the girls forgetting about one scene, and then we do some quick fast forwarding. We don't even watch that many, but occasionally we like sitting down and enjoying something as a family. It's becoming harder, though, because there just aren't that many clean movies (I bet we've already seen them all).

One swear word or one scene of nudity of sexuality can wreck everything--whether it's on television, or on the movie screen, or even in an otherwise great internet article. I wish people would keep things more family friendly, but since most of my friends/family swear in front of their family, maybe we've lost that concept of family friendly.

Anyway, I want to keep this blog family friendly, so I won't do that again! And if you're frantically searching for the word to see what all the fuss was about, it's already been scrubbed!

Bookmark and Share





Stumble Upon Toolbar

To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 10:13 AM , Blogger Melanie said…

A lot of people swear by Clear Play, which is a service that cleans up movies that you're watching. I'm not entirely sure of how it works, but I know it's really good.

TV Guardian and similar technologies work really well for swear words, I hear, but they won't do anything for visually problematic scenes.

 

At 2:10 PM , Blogger Charity said…

"Why did they put it in there? It ruined the whole thing." This is a question I have often asked. Why ruin a good thing?

 

At 6:37 PM , Blogger Ms. Orange said…

I appreciate your sensitivity to the family unit. Your insights are just too good to ruin with "naughty" words. :-)

 

At 8:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

It's nice to hear your sensitivity. I was shocked when I originally read that word, but when I realized you didn't write it, I didn't think anymore about it. But it does mean a lot to me that you wrote this follow up. Thank you. :)
JoAnn

 

At 8:20 PM , Blogger Joanne Sher said…

That is SO true. I wish language were a bigger deal. it's so sad what we need to watch out for.

 

At 9:08 PM , Anonymous Beth Moore said…

Thank you for editing that! I made comment of it in the other article and really struggled with doing so because I'm hardly without coarse language myself, but, I knew that some of my more conservative friends would miss the message and focus on the one dumb word, and it was too excellent of a message to miss!

 

At 8:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Thanks for posting this. I was really surprised when I read the other article but now it all makes sense. I'm so glad that I have stumbled upon your blog. Your insight challenges and encourages me, and more importantly glorifies God. DeAnna

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails