Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Ballroom Dancing Lessons
A couple of years ago my husband and I took ballroom dancing lessons. It was so much fun. I just love dancing, but jumping around to current hits never struck me as something fun. Actually looking like you know what you're doing, and moving together, is very, very fun. Ever seen the movie Strictly Ballroom? Hilarious. One of the best movies out there (and almost family friendly; if your child is 11 or over, it's okay).

Anyway, we're contemplating taking lessons again this year. The hard point is always finding a night of the week that works, especially since my husband's a physician and he's on call a lot at night. And then there's youth group, and all the other church activities. But for this year, I think we're going to suspend some of our church activities just so we can have fun as a couple again.

Here's Keith talking about our ballroom dancing lessons at a marriage conference we gave a while ago. It's pretty funny.



Have a great Sunday!



Bookmark and Share


Stumble Upon Toolbar

To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:40 PM , Blogger Jennifer C. Valerie said…

He sure brought the laughter out in the audience. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

 

At 7:41 PM , Anonymous Juno said…

Thank you for sharing. I love ballroom dancing and recommend it to everyone. It has so many benefits and it brings such a joy. I have two left feet but that doesn't bother me any more. I just enjoy the moment.

 

At 7:58 AM , Blogger Cyndi said…

Hi Sheila! I connected to your blog through Cheryl Molenaar (good friend of mine). Just had to comment on your ballroom experience. I actually took lessons with my mother and I'm very thankful I did. We had a wonderful time reconnecting as a mother/daughter and enjoyed our Tuesday nights together. Later that year she was diagnosed with breast cancer. That was two years ago and she's doing well, however her dancing days are over. Dance while you can people, dance while you can!

 

At 4:44 PM , Anonymous Jen @ After the Alter said…

My husband and I took ballroom dancing lessons for our first wedding dance. Let me tell you it's a lot harder than they make it look on "dancing with the stars"! lol And I used to take dance lessons. When it came to wedding time we forgot most, but I gotta tell you that we had so many laughs while learning the dance and even while performing it that it was one of my favorite parts of the wedding. It was great to do as a couple!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails