Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
For Budding Writers and Speakers
So last weekend I was at Write Canada, a writers' conference for Christian writers in the great white north.

I did a lot of hard work, as you can see from this picture.

It's funny, though, because God really changed my direction after I came home. I thougth I was going to the writer's conference to talk about one thing (mostly ebooks), and I came home totally excited about the book proposal I've been putting off for several months. I finished it by Tuesday and sent it in to my agent.

But the other thing I got excited about was training others. I'm a speaker as well as a writer, and I think I get more energy and rewards from speaking. It's just one of my giftings. Here's a snippet of me:



And I've realized that I can only speak so many weekends a year. So if I want to maximize my impact for God, the best thing I can do is to train others. I've started a blog for those who want to launch their speaking career, but I've also decided to launch some teleseminars and email courses, both on How to Launch Your Speaking Career and how to use social media to build an online community.

We all need an online community if we want to write or speak, but even if you're online you may not be doing it in such a way that you build relationships. Learn how to blog in your niche, how to get traffic, how to use Twitter and Facebook appropriately, and what words like "StumbleUpon" and "Delicious" mean. The teleseminar is next Monday, but you can register and then listen to the teleseminar
later!

And if you want to come on a journey with me to learn how to speak, find more information here. I think God is raising up an army of women to help other women focus on what's truly important. If you want to be one of them, join me!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Bonnie said…

I whole heartedly agree. Although, our stores have not switched over. . .YET, I can see the writing on the wall. I would love to be one of those responsible people with their neat little stack of canvas bags, I have quite a few already at home, but I too, like using the plastic ones for 1 million other things. Stinky diapers is my most recent favorite. LOL

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails