Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
What We Think About Fathers Through The Years
This made me laugh: what we think about fathers through the years:

4 years: My Daddy can do anything!
7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.
8 years: My father does not know quite everything.
12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.
14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date!
25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.
30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.
35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.
50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?
60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!
65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.

It reminds me of Mark Twain's saying: "When I was 18, my father knew nothing. By the time I was 28, I was amazed at what he had learned in just ten years."
Bookmark and Share





To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM , Blogger LauraLee Shaw said…

Aw, this is precious. My hubby and I were JUST talking about this a bit ago. My 11-yo daughter absolutely ADORES him right now. She treats him like he's her husband. I asked him if it would bother him when she's different in a few years, and he said, "She'll still adore me, she'll just show it differently. A lot of it may depend on how I treat her." She's got one great daddy!

Always love your posts, Sheila!

 

At 6:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said…

I've seen this before and am amazed every time I read it how accurate it is. Tfs.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails