Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Works for Me Wednesdays: Outlines for Writing

Just a quick thing for Works for Me Wednesday this week--

When I was in grade 9, my history teacher taught us how to write essays. She drilled it into our heads so much that we couldn't forget: thesis statement, three points, topic sentence for each, concluding sentence. She also drummed the proper way to write a book report into our heads, too. Don't retell the plot: analyze the book. I hated her with a passion. And now, looking back, she was my favourite teacher. She helped me immeasurably.

I've taken what she taught and turned it into outlines for book reports and essays that you can download for FREE here. They're great for grades 5-12. I use them in our homeschool, but even if your kids aren't homeschooled, if you want them to write awesome essays, or help them plan book reports, they'll be useful! Just pick them up here. (scroll down for the links).

Have a great day!

Thanks for dropping by! I have lots of other posts on marriage, parenting, finding our purpose, and more! Why not stay and look around a while?


Bookmark and Share




To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM , Blogger Melissa said…

My ninth grade English teacher was a stickler for perfect grammar. I didn't appreciate it at the time, but now I do. My grammar isn't nearly perfect, but sometimes I can almost hear Mrs. M saying "Horrors!" when I slip up.

Thanks for these outlines. My 6th-grader has great ideas but stalls when it's time to put them on paper. I hope this helps!

 

At 4:16 PM , Blogger ~*Michelle*~ said…

YAY! I just bookmarked that link....thanks so much!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails